Epilogue

"Trisha..." Maine's voice shivered when she saw her standing in front of her. She covered her body automatically at the sight of the person she wanted to avoid the most.

She noticed that her tummy is big. Is she pregnant?

With Richard?

Ngumiti lang ang dalaga sa kanya at umupo sa pinakamalapit na silya. Hawak-hawak niya ang kanyang tiyan. She was far from the Trisha she saw years back. She looked peaceful.

"I'm sorry I called you out with the help of Richard." Aniya. "I just want to properly apologize for everything I did." Ngumiti siya ng mapakla sa akin.

"After you left, akala ko may pag-asa na ako kay Richard. He was a wreck and I could not even fix him. Kahit tumingin sa akin ay hindi niya nagawa. Araw-araw siyang umiinom at minsan ay nakukulong pa. He'd always pick fight with someone no matter what the reason is."

Nanatili akong nakatayo, afraid that she might to something again. I was traumatized for everything she did.

"When he received the papers for annulment, naaksidente siya. He was in a coma for three weeks. Pagkagising niya ay ikaw pa rin ang hinahanap niya. I was stunned. He's no longer the person I adored. And at that moment, I regretted everything I did. I hurt you, Maine. But I also inflicted great pain on him."

My heart ached after everything she told me. But what is the real reason why she wanted to talk to me.

"I am already married, Maine. To Kris. Hindi siya si Richard pero okay lang. Ang importante, mahal niya ako. Mas mahal niya ako." She simply said. "Gusto ko lang talagang magsorry sa lahat ng ginawa ko sa'yo. Alam kong hindi mo ako agad mapapatawad pero sana maintindihan mo ako. May mga anak na kayo at gusto kong maibigay ang mundo para sa magiging anak ko. I want peace with you. With everything."

I don't know if I am able to forgive her after everything. Binigyan ko siya ng tipid na ngiti. I may not give forgiveness right now, but I am sure in time, I will heal.

"Thank you for listening to me, Maine. Richard is upstairs, nasa rooftop. Puntahan mo na siya."

Tumango ako at agad akong umakyat sa rooftop. There, I saw him standing with his both hands placed on his back. I hugged him from his back and silently cried.

Kinalas niya ang pagyakap niya sa akin at pinihit ako paharap. His arms enveloped me and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"How was it?" he asked. Siguro ay tinanong ang pag-uusap namin ni Trisha.

"It was good." I croaked. "She apologized to me."

"But now, it's my time to apologize, Maine. Ayoko na ng set-up natin. I am tired of everything."

Wait, does me he mean?

Lumamig ang kamay ko nang binitiwan niya ako.

With one knee, he knelt and on his pocket, he retrieved a small red box. Lumipad ang kamay ko sa aking bibig.

"Pagod na akong nakikitang hindi kita kasamang umuuwi sa bahay kasama ng mga anak natin. Pagod na akong makitang Mendoza ang apelyido mo when you should be carrying my last name now. Pagod na akong maglaro, Maine. Let's end this chase, let's be carelessly inlove with each other."

Tears immediately rolled in my cheeks.

"I love you so damn much, Nicomaine Dei Mendoza. Let me love you until the end of time. I never believed in forever, but I swear I will hold your hand for the remainder of our lives. Will you marry me again?"

Overwhelmed by the emotions that ran inside me, I hugged him and whispered. "Yes."

"Thank you, baby." He hugged me back and kissed me thoroughly.

This is it. My happy ending. I will always be thankful of this second chance and I know I will be able to face my challenges as long as he's with me.

"I thought you'd never ask!"

Humalakhak siya at pinunasan ang aking pisngi. "I'm sorry, baby. Tinapos ko muna ang bahay natin bago magpropose. Hindi ko hahayaang masayang ang matres mo." He jokingly said.

"Sino nagsabing sayang?" I asked him. "Are you ready to play with the baby number three?"

I kissed him before he can process everything.

Both of us were careless.

But thank God we are.

***

CARELESS: 09.09.2018 - 12:54 AM

Thank you for reading! And for your patience! Huhu.