Chapter 1: Sophie

(Sophie's POV)
I shut my locker and grabbed my books and notebook as a preparation for study hall. As I was walking I heard Keefe calling my name. I hurried up to study hall. Gosh, why was Foxfire so confusing? Even though I've been here for years, I still get confused. It's like every year the twists and turns get more and more confusing and brain racking. I was running late because of my friend Jensi, who wouldn't stop talking about everyday gossip around the school.
"Over here, Foster!" Keefe shouted from across the hall. I walked over and took a seat across from him, with Biana and Fitz next to me, Dex In the seat next to Keefe, Tam and Linh on the other side beside each other. Tam and Linh starting going to Foxfire about a year ago, but they would still often go back to Exillium in the student exchange program. They made up with their parents too, and their parents are now treating the twins more fairly, respectfully, and you know, appreciating them more.
"Hey Sophie" said Linh.
I tucked my hair behind my ears. "Hey."
Keefe was flipping through his pages abnormally fast, obviously not even studying or reading at all. "You guys won't believe what Lady Cadence made us do today in detention!" Keefe said. "Ugh, what?" Fitz said, irritated. "She made us listen to her play the flute! What kind of punishment is that?! It was horrendous! Disgusting! I won't stand for it! I might just protest for better detention punishments! Who's with me?" He said. "Oh my god, Keefe. What did you do to get in detention this time?" I asked him.
"What, did you destroy Magnet Leto's office again?" Dex joked. "Or did he burn Lady Galvin's cape?" Tam said, shaking his silver glinted bangs out of his face. "Shut it, bangs boy. Besides, that's Foster's job." He looked at me and winked with a devilish Keefe-like smirk. "And for the record, all I did was set a few uh, stink bombs in Lady Galvin's class before session, you know, just to set her straight." He said, with a smirk.
"Come oooon, Keefe." Fitz slapped his shoulder jokingly.
Biana joined in on the conversation, finishing up her studies I suppose. "Guys...what's your thoughts on getting our matchmaking scrolls? We could have gotten it like, months ago, but we keep delaying the topic." Biana pointed out.
The seven of them had been sort of pushing off the topic lately. Almost everyone in their  level have gotten it.
I think this, like, 'love triangle' or whatever going on in their group was pretty obvious to everyone by now..Even though Fitz and I broke up more than a month ago, (we only dated for a short period of time, by the way) although we broke up, we still somehow managed to stay cognates, usually whenever cognates have a fight or something, their relationship as cognates would most likely shatter. Like what happened with Alden and Quinlin. When I was dating Fitz...I guess you could call it me experimenting. It was a lot of fun to have my 12 year old crush dating me, but it quickly started to feel unnatural and just...wrong. The break up with smooth. I tried to explain myself as best as I could.
But I started to suspect that Fitz still had feelings for me in the past few weeks. Don't get me wrong, I love Fitz, but just...not in that way. At least not anymore. It's funny that he didn't even notice me in my early teens when I was literally drop dead down for that boy.
I was interrupted from my thoughts from Keefe saying "Definitely. Been wanting to do that for months. But someone obviously didn't want to cooperate." He smirked at me. I hid my face behind my hair and pretended to write in my notebook. "I don't know... gotta admit, I'm pretty curious myself." Tam said, with quick glance at Fitz.
"I'm down." Fitz said, a shy smile on his face. Dex pushed in his chair a bit. "I've been thinking about it, a lot, honestly. And I'm gonna go for it." Dex said high fiving Biana.
Biana glanced at the ring she was wearing, a gift from Dex, from, like, 2 years ago. We all got one of those, it was cute.
"Personally, sure. It'll be fun, I'm down." Linh said, with a confident smile plastered across her face.
I bit my tongue.."I know if I don't agree to do this, you guys will somehow force me manipulatively to do it." I sighed. "So, whatever I guess." I tried to sound carefree.
"Perfect!" Biana said enthusiastically. She checked her watch. "Today, after school, 5pm, come over to Everglen. Order your matchmaking scrolls at home, we'll open them up together!" She said, with a big excited grin on her doll-like face.
"Works for me" Dex said, smiling, glancing at Biana for a split second, tugging his hair. "Can't wait! Also, be careful when you're doing your hair Fitz, might find some blue dye in your hair gel." He said.
"Keefe! You did not!" Fitz said, putting his hands on head anxiously. Keefe just chuckled. "I'm kidding, dude!" Fitz rolled his eyes. "You better be" He said warningly.
I noticed Tam staring at Fitz for about 3 seconds, then Linh elbowed him and splashed a spray of water on his face. Then, the bell rang indicating the end of the school day. "I quickly grabbed my bag and textbooks and said, "I better, get home, bye guys!" trying to  hide my nervousness. Keefe smirked. "See you soon, Foster." And winked. I looked down, embarrassed, because my face was probably pink. I waved to all of them and shuffled away. I got to the leaping crystals and said "Havenfield!" And vanished into the light.