Chapter 8: Fitz

Technically...I wanted to get these scrolls the moment i could, I could have gotten them when I started in year 5 in Foxfire. But of course, we wanted it to be a special moment, and open them together. We waited a year after until we were sure everyone was comfortable with it.
Now, I know all of you are thinking I want Sophie as my #1.
Spoiler alert: I don't.
We only dated for a few weeks... the feelings I had for her quickly evaporated, and I was surprised about how smoothly the break up went and how we continued to be Cognates.
Who I think will be my #1? I have no idea. Who I want to be my #1? Well... I'm not sure. I'm starting to believe that Tam has a crush on me... I mean, he didn't try to hide it, it seemed quite obvious these past few weeks. He was always sneaking glances at me and looking me up down, sometimes even staring at me and thinking I haven't noticed. Okay.. do I like him? I don't know. He's cute. Mysterious. Very... on the edge. I liked that. I glanced at him. He was nervously tugging at his eye catching silver touched bangs. Those were a nice touch. Tam could be very closed up, and ominous. I dared to say I found that somewhat..hot.
Does this make me bisexual? I don't know. And if so, so what?
I excitedly but nervously looked down at my paper.
Top Tiers
#1 Tam Song
#6 Sophie Foster
#10 Linh Song
I bit my lip to stifle my scream that was eager to come out. I.. couldn't believe my eyes. I mean, I did not see this coming. I wasn't sure if I was extremely happy and excited or nervous and confused. All of a sudden I wanted to ditch all my friends and run far, far, away, with Tam. Just us.
I began to wonder where I would be on Tam's list.
As if on cue, Song swapped our papers. I looked down, searching for my name. It wasn't hard to find.
I stifled a sob as I saw who was his #1.
#1 Fitz Vacker.
I was happy.
I was glad.
I wrap an arm around Tam's shoulders as I look into his stunning eyes and smile, my heart filling with warmth.