Chapter 10: Sokeefe

(Sophie's POV)

After we all said goodbye and left Everglen, I got home, took a shower, and thought I would do a bit of studying to get my mind off things.
Just as I opened my alchemy textbook and started studying I heard someone from the other side of my my bedroom door.
"Knock knock," said an all too familiar voice.
I sighed. "Who's there?"
The door opened and Keefe walked into my room like he owned the place.
"Why, just your favourite person in the world, that's who!" He said, and took a seat next to me.
I rolled my eyes. "Oh, please."
"Can't deny it, Foster." He said, ruffling his hand through his perfectly messy hair.
I caught myself thinking about how handsome he looked..
Shutup, Sophie.
Keefe raised an eyebrow.
"What?" I asked.
"You're staring." He said, then chuckled.
I hid my face behind my hair to hide my blush and stuffed my face into my alchemy book.
"I'm supposed to be studying, you know," I told him.
He groaned like a child having a tantrum and put his chin on my shoulder. "Where's the fun in that?"
"There is none," I told him.
He wrapped his arms around my waist, my stomach doing flips.
"You do know I'm an empath, right? And I can sense whatever you're feeling." He laughed. "Got anything to tell me, Foster?"
I rested my hands on top of his hands. "After what happened today.." I bit my lip, debating whether or not I should continue that sentence.
"What, Foster, finally deciding to admit your undying love for me?" He laughed again.
Oh god, how I adored that laugh.
I tucked my hair behind my ears. "You know, Keefe, you're not making this easy." I said, glaring at him.
I turned my head back to my book.
"It's alright Foster, I love you too." He winked.
At that moment, I couldn't help myself. I turned around, facing him, and put a hand on his cheek and one ruffling through his hair as I pressed my lips against his.
_
(Keefe's POV)
_
At that moment, all that mattered in the universe was Foster and I. I brushed my hand gently down her hair, one hand around her waist, kissing her gently.
After what seemed like an hour, even though it was only a matter of seconds, we pulled apart.
"Not ba-" I began to say, still two inches away from Sophie's nose, when we were interrupted by someone bursting through the door.
We immediately jumped as far away from each other as possible.
We turned to find Grady's steamed face at the door.
"Keefe, when did you get here?" He said, he looked like he was trying to contain his anger..
I smiled and said, "just came to check up on Foster, we were planning on studying."
Sophie nodded and said "yep." Waving her alchemy book.
Grady raised an eyebrow, seeming sceptical whether or not to kick me out of his home.
I glanced at Foster, seeing that she was nearly red faced and looked embarrassed by her father.
"Well, I just came up here to tell you that Edaline made custard bursts," He said.
"Sounds good." Sophie said.
"Yeah," I muffled.
I followed Foster out of the room.
"Now, I want you crazy teenagers to behave, alright?" Grady told us, keeping his eyes on me, with a protective hand on Sophie's shoulder.
I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "Of course," I told Grady, trying to get on his good side.
I jokingly saluted and ran after Sophie down the stairs to the kitchen, where we saw Edaline taking out a fresh batch of custard bursts.
"Oooooooh" Sophie exclaimed, slapping her hands on the table in excitement.
"Hi Keefe!" Edaline waved.
"Hey," I said.
"I'd love to stay and chat, but Grady and I have to go visit a friend, have fun you two!" Edaline said, grabbing her jacket and going outside.
"Yeah. See you, Sophie." Grady said, kissing her forehead, he looked at me, a message in his eyes like, "take good care of her."
I nodded.
"Bye, Dad." Sophie told him.
He hopped outside, following Edaline.
"So," I said, sliding onto the couch next to Sophie.
"Would love to talk, but can't you see this fresh batch of custard bursts?" She said.
I laughed as she stuffed two whole into her mouth.
"Charming, Foster, really beautiful sight." I chuckled.
She glared at me with a mouthful of custard bursts.
"Hey," I said, wiping the cream off her face that was rolling down her chin. "Got something on your face."
I took that as an opportunity to cuddled up next to her. I wiped her chin and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, kissing her shoulder protectively.
Sophie swallowed her food and kissed my cheek, of course, not before burping in my face with her custard flavoured breath.
_
(Sophie's POV)
_
I laughed in amusement as Keefe jumped off of the couch and fanned the air.
"Gah!" He said, crossing his arms. "What was that for?"
"I was bored." I told him. "Besides, that was way too fun."
I smiled mischievously.
His smile returned to his face and he looked at something, a CD? And played... oh my god, it was a song from about the 90's.
He looked back at me and smirked, "for that, you, Ms Foster, owe me a dance!" He said dragging me onto my feet.
"Uh," I said. "I think not, Keefe."
"Come on, Foster, don't be a party pooper."
"No way."
"Yes way." He grabbed my hand.
"No!"
"Too bad."
"Keefe!" I yelled in protest, as he held both of my hands and started dancing.
"I don't even know how to dance!" I told him.
He laughed, "I'll guide you through it."
"No." I said, still refusing.
"Pleeeeeeeeeease, Fooooooosterrrrr." He yelled, like a baby who's not getting their toy.
I sighed, knowing there was no way out of this.
"Fine." I said, reluctantly.
He smiled and put his hands on my waist.
From what I've learned from movies and whatnot, I put my arms around his neck.
Oh my god. Why, oh why, did Keefe have to choose the most sappy, slow songs out of all of them?
"Interesting choice for the song." I said, flustered, as it played "I love you, stay with me" repeatedly.
"It's only fair" Keefe said, as he pulled me into a twirl, twirling me into his arms.
"Whoa" I muttered. "Who knew Keefe Sencen could dance so well?"
"Please." He said.
I laughed.
He pulled me lower, me starting to get nervously excited, with my stomach doing flips.
Suddenly, Keefe lowered his head and pressed his lips against mine.
It was deep, but gentle. I loved it.
I pushed us onto the couch, and put a hand on his cheek.
We pulled apart and I bursted our laughing.
"I forgot to mention something, Keefe." I told him.
He put his arm around my waist. "What's that?"
"I love you, Keefe Sencen!" I said, confidently.
"As if I didn't already know that," he laughed.
I punched him playfully on the shoulder.
"I love you too, Foster." He said.
I cuddled into his chest like a kitty, as he stroked my hair.
Suddenly, his imparter dinged.
"Aww" He said.
"What is it?" I said, looking up at him.
"I gotta go." He sighed.
"Alright. I'll see you in school, Keefe." I told him, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.
He smiled, "seeya" and leaped away.