Chapter 3: Sophie

(Sophie's POV)
I rang the doorbell of Everglen. I squinted my eyes in the almost unbearable light of the elegant castle standing before me.
Going to Everglen has always made me slightly nervous, them being basically royalty and all that talk about the Vacker legacy.
The door swung open, and I was greeted by Keefe.
He leaned back on the side of the door with a smirk. "Hey, Foster." He said smoothly.
He looked me up and down. "You clean up nicely."
"Hi, Keefe." I said, tugging an eyelash out of my eye. Nervous habit.
Keefe cringed. "Can you for once stop pulling out your eyelashes? Personally, I think you look a lot better with them on."
I rolled my eyes playfully.
"Ugh, you're gonna start looking like Fitz when I accidentally—" he put air quotes around the word accidentally. "—put something in his face wash thingy he uses daily that made them fall out." He said.
"Shut up, Keefe." I teased.
"Make me, Foster." He smirked.
I glared at him.
He laughed.
"But seriously" He moved closer and brushed an eyelash off my cheek. "You would look a lot better without eyelashes than Fitz did."
I became aware of how close we were standing and hid my face.
Keefe raised an eyebrow. "I'm getting some serious changing of vibes in your emotions,
Foster."
I cleared my throat and said stupidly; "Climate change."
"Right." Keefe snickered.
I backed away slowly, hopefully far enough that Keefe couldn't read my emotions, and tucked my hair behind my ears.
We stood there, not meeting eachother's eyes, long enough for it to get awkward.
Keefe's eyes widened, he looked down at the package in my hand.
"Is that your matchmaking scrolls?" He looked at me and back at the package, dunked under me and stole it right from my hand.
"Hey!" I yelled in protest, trying to get it back from him.
He raised it on top of his head, teasing me. Keefe was a lot taller than me, so this made it difficult.
I jumped up and down, trying to snatch it. "Keefe!" I pouted.
Keefe laughed and just raised it higher.
"Come on, Foster you're better than that." He teased, moving it farther away from me.
I was jumping up and down, trying to get it from him, we somehow ended up rolling across the floor like dogs, tackling each other. Did I fall on him?
Keefe looked at me shockingly, then smirked. "You are always trying to swoop me off my feet, aren't you?" He said, me currently on top of him.
This was so embarrassing.
To make matters worse, we hear the door creak open and Fitz, Biana, Dex, Tam and Linh were all staring at us.
Keefe gave me the matchmaking scrolls back and he and I quickly got off of each other and stood as far away from each other as possible.
Fitz crosses his arms. "Uhh, what were you two doing all this time?"
Keefe smirked. "Planning on ways to prank all of you. Isn't that right, Foster?" He looked at me. I looked at Fitz and nodded. "Looks like it worked." I said, with a nervous laugh. Biana just smirked and winked at me.
Biana used to have a crush on Keefe, but those feelings vanished. Dex and Biana are now only, what? One week into dating. It's cute.
Biana talked to me about these things. I may have also spilled a few secrets also...
Tam cleared his throat and swatted his bangs out of his face. "Well..let's go inside, shall we?"
"Yep. Come on." Dex said, grabbing Biana's hand and taking her inside. Linh gave me a soft smile and follow them inside. We followed them.
I noticed Fitz staring at me.
"What?" I said to him.
He looked down and blushed. "Nothing."
I cleared my throat and said. "So, what should we start with?"
Biana grinned widely. "Hello? What we ca,where to do! I've been dying to open this!" She waved her matchmaking scrolls in the air.
"Oh. Right." I said.
Honestly, I was terrified. I wish I could be as enthusiastic as Biana about this situation.
I sighed.
"Who's going first?" Fitz asked, glancing at me.
Tam came out of his shadows and sat next to Fitz and Linh. "How about we all put it on the table at the same time? And we can see everyone's, uh..matches."
Fitz glanced at him, a bit of curiosity and fascination in his eyes. "Sure." He said.
"Absolutely!" Biana said, full of excitement.
"Sounds cool." Dex said, smiling at Biana.
Linh juggled with a ball of water. "I guess."
"Oh yeah." Keefe smirked at me.
I bit my nails. "Oh...whatever."
"Woohoo!" Biana exclaimed.
I sighed.
"Alright." Fitz said. "Ready..set.."
"Go!" Keefe said, smacking his matchmaking rolls on the table, opened and laid flat. His eyes widened.
I unfolded mine and put it down and looked at it.
Oh my god.
Keefe was a my first.
Fitz was my 8th.
Dex was...53th.
Mostly everyone else on it was people who I had no idea who they were or I barely knew them.
I slowly traded scrolls with Keefe.
His 1# was......me, surprisingly.
His #9 was Biana.
The rest of people I didn't know or didn't continue reading.
I felt warmth in my right hand. I looked down to see Keefe's hand locked with mine.
"Surprise, surprise, Foster." He whispered softly in my ear.

A/N: hiiiiii! I hope you enjoyed!
Please vote and follow me lol