Chapter 13: Lylie

(Linh's POV)

Prentice lead my up to Wylie's room, and knocked on the door. (In this timeline prentice is healed and well, neverseen is defeated).
"Yes?" I heard a deep voice from inside the room. Wylie's voice.
Prentice opened the door and there was Wylie, sitting on his desk chair with a book in his hand. He spun the chair to face us and looked at me.
I waved and smiled.
"Hey Linh." He said, "Come on in."
"Have fun." Prentice said, shaking my hand and leaving us to ourselves.
"So," I said, sitting on his bed. "What you been up to?"
He took a seat next to me. "Studying. It's my last year in the elite levels,  better get good grades and what not."
"Mhm" I said.
"Also," He said with a grin. "Coincidence you came here, 'cause I just ordered my matching making scrolls today. Wanna open it, together, I guess?"
"Sure."I said trying to sound calm. "Speaking of matchmaking.."
"Yeah?" He said, nudging me.
"I got mine a few days ago." I brought it out of my purse. "And.. I wanted to show you something."
"Go on." He urged me.
"Well, before I show yo-"
I was interrupted mid sentence by Prentice coming into the room, with a package.
"Wylie, your matchmaking scrolls just arrived." He handed Wylie them and smiled a fatherly like smile.
"Good luck." He said, with a hand on Wylie's shoulder, and winked.
He left the room.
Wylie cleared his throat. "I wasn't going to even get my matchmaking scrolls. I could have gotten them years ago, it never really crossed my mind. I didn't want to get them because I felt they were so.. biased. I felt like everyone at a certain age just got peer pressured to get one. It's a silly piece of paper, it doesn't declare your life. It's not.. I don't know. But I concluded that I'll get it, but I don't necessarily have to marry someone specifically on my list. I mean.. it's not like there's not anyone I'm interested in.." he dozed off.
I grabbed his hand and locked eyes with him. "Hey, doesn't matter whoever is on that list, you're you and you get to decide. Not the matchmakers. Not anyone."
A half smiled pressed on his face.
"Promise me, Linh, that no matter who is on this list, we'll still be friends and hang out. That it won't cause anything to our oh so lovely friendship that we have. Because I love spending time with you, Linh." He squeezed my hand.
"Right back at you, Endal." I pushed him playfully.
"Pfft."
"I promise."
He smiled.
He opened his package and slowly unfolded his paper.
I locked my fingers with his as we looked down at the paper.
#1 Linh Song
_
(Wylie's POV)
_
#1 Wylie Endal, read Linh's paper.
My heart filled with a familiar feeling of warmth, the same one I get every time I see Linh, only stronger, more deep. A smile spread across my face without me realizing.
Linh locked her fingers with mine.
"Linh," I said.
"Yeah?" She turned to face me. She locked her eyes with mine.
"I love you, and it's taken me a while to say it, I'm sorry." I told her confidently.
"I love you too, Wylie." She squeezed my hand and leaned in to kiss my cheek. "And I always have."
"How do you manage it?" I said quietly.
"Manage what?"
"To be so... you. So amazing. So.. perfect." I told her.
"Shut up, you big flirt." She laughed. "I could same for you, though."
I smiled at that.
"Hey, why don't we go out to a restaurant in Atlantis later or something? I heard they're great." I grinned at her.
She stood up, dragging me up with her.
"Absolutely a thousand times yes." She said.
I smiled.
Suddenly, she pressed her lips against mine, she put her hand on my chest, and the other on my back.
I put a hand on her wist and the other on her cheek, kissing her gently.
We split apart and immediately bursted into comfortable laughter.
We collapsed back down on the bed, and Linh grabbed my tv remote and turned it on.
I put an arm around her and she snuggled into my chest. I kissed her head.

A/N: soorrrryyyyyyyyyyy if this isn't that good, I'm getting a lot of homework and a bunch of other responsibilities, and i'm trying to get as many spare time as I can to finish off my writings!!