3-5

She woke up to knocking on her door. She expected it to be her parents, but it wasn't. Marinette opened her door and saw Alya. God, she wanted to tell her everything.

"Girl, are you okay? You totally missed school!" Alya said, letting herself in Marinette's room.

"Yes. I'm fine," Marinette said.

"Oh my god what happened! Were you crying?" Alya said pointing to her face. Marinette cranked her neck to look in the mirror and saw mascara running down her face like that Mom this morning.

"I... I'm fine," Marinette chocked out.

"You better tell me what's wrong! I'm not going to let you be all depressed like this!" Alya said.

Marinette took a deep breath. "Well... you're going to be very surprised," Marinette said. "So I'm just gonna say it. I used to be Ladybug."

"WHAT?! You're frikken' Ladybug! N-no way! You really mean it? You really are Ladybug!... wait... used to be?" Alya stopped.

"Yes. My lucky charm didn't work this morning when I was fighting and akuma attack. And apparently it means I'm not meant to be Ladybug, so I got it taken away," Marinette said, grabbing her shirt trying not to cry. "But, I'm mostly worried about Chat."

Alya's face turned to sorrow as she wrapped her arms around Marinette and quietly began to cry. "Damn... my best friend is my biggest hero... I'm so sorry Marinette... you were great, Ladybug."

Marinette smiled and hugged her back. "I... I feel like I need to tell Chat. I don't care who he is, I need to tell him I'm Ladybug, and that I'm done being Ladybug."

Alya nodded. "It is the right thing to do. You and Chat and very close, he deserves to know. But how will you find him?"

"I know how," Marinette smiled.

Later that night when Alya was gone, Marinette climbed to the roof and stood there, looking around at the beautiful sight of Paris. And just like Marinette guessed, Chat Noir showed up.

"Hello, princess," Chat said, landing on the railing. "What are you doing up so late?"

"I actually wanted to talk to you," Marinette said as he sat on the railing. "How much time do you have left?"

He looked at his ring. "Five minutes. Why?"

"I just feel like this will take some time. I need to tell you something, serious..." Marinette said, thinking about how she's going to tell Chat she's some dumb loser.

"Of course, I'm all ears!" Chat said, flicking his ears.

Marinette forced a fake giggle. "Ladybug won't be around anymore," she almost felt his sorrow seeing the look on his face , so she looked away. "When the lucky charm didn't work early this morning, I guess it means that she's not meant to be Ladybug-"

"What! That's insane! Ladybug is the best she does most of the thinking and work anyways! How could someone say she's not meant to be Ladybug!" Chat said, getting mad. "Where is she now? Will I ever see her again?!"

"You're... you're talking to her right now..." Marinette forced it all out. "I'm... Ladybug..."

There was silence for a whole minute, neither of them feeling awkward.

"I... I kind of expected that," Chat suddenly said.

"What?"

"You, Marinette, act so much like Ladybug. You both are creative and funny and heartwarming and beautiful-" he caught himself and stares at you. "Sorry..."