Pilar

Gabe Pov

It's been a month since Pilar tried to commit suicide, but she's been recovering slowly. Dana got out a couple of weeks ago and he should be doing fine now, but I haven't heard anything from him in the past month. I walked into Pilar's room where she laid on her side with dry tear stains on her face.

"Hola Hermana" I said leaning against her bed

"Hey Gabe" She said shifting to her back "How are you doing"

"I'm doing good, about to be a father in 8 months," I said "How are you doing"

"I'm okay" She gave me a slight smile "I'm happy for you bro"

"So are you ready to get out of here" I asked as I lifted her duffel bag of clothes I brought from her place

"Yeah" She said getting up and grabbing the bag "Have you heard from Dana"

"Nope nothing yet" I said

She walked away from me slowly, this sluggish action has been going on for weeks and she's not ending it. Everyday I come into this hospital and everyday her actions are the same. I want to help her... but Dana is her help at this moment. We had the funeral for Fairen last week and ever since then nothing has been the same.

"I'm ready," Pilar said coming out of the bathroom with fresh tears streaming down her face

"I'll keep calling him and texting him every day," I said embracing her

"I just can't believe he really left me by myself with this pain" She sobbed

"It'll get better, I promise," I said

I just made a promise I don't think I'll be able to keep...

-------------------------------------------------------

As we walked into Pilar's house, there were boxes everywhere. She's moving out of a "place full of memories", so she says.

"I'm ready to get these boxes out of here," She said laying on her couch

"Me too," I said stretching "Because this is the most exercise I've gotten in a month"

She chuckled "Your welcome "

I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch next to her. Pilar is ready to take a different route with everything. She's become part of a church and has become closer to God. She still cries from time to time, but other than that she's good.

"Gabe " She spoke

"Yes," I said looking at her

"Should I try something new with my hair?" She asked touching her long hair

"Since you've changed a lot about yourself, why not," I said shrugging

"Thank you," She said picking up her phone and dialing a number

Dana pov

I walked into the studio with a hat on my head and shades on my face. It's been a month since I last saw Pilar, but I can't see her right now. I love and miss her so much, I just can't bring myself to it. As I walked into the blackout studio, I nodded towards my producer and into the booth.

"I'm going to play the beat back and you can begin whenever," He said

"Okay," I said placing the studio headphones on as the beat began

"Has anybody told you, that you're perfect?" I began singing picturing Pilar "Has anybody told you that you're worth it? if they haven't baby, I apologize for them, I apologize for them"

----------------------------------------

My studio session was over and it's time to reveal myself. I've been making music about Pilar and me for a month and honestly...It's breaking me not to see her every moment of every day. I'll plan a visit to Gabe's place tonight. I grabbed my phone and dialed Alex's number. 

PHONE CONVO 

Alex: Hello

Me: Hey Alex 

Alex: DANA WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN 

Me: I've been MIA 

Alex: NO SHIT SHERLOCK, YOU LEFT PILAR BY HER FUCKING SELF TO DROWN IN HER OWN SORROW AND ON TOP OF THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN COME TO THE FUNERAL. YOUR OWNS DAUGHTERS FUNERAL. 

Me: I was there Alex and I know I haven't been there for Pilar, I had to get help for myself before I could help her 

Alex: (Sobbing) You two could have helped each other, She's so hurt that she rarely even eats 

Me: Can I come over tonight?

Alex: (Sniffs) Yeah 

END OF PHONE CONVO 

Tonight is the night I make everything right.... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pilar Pov 

I laid on the couch next to Alex. She was quaking at my new hair style.

"You really cut it shoulder length" She said touching it

"It was to long anyway Alex" I said " plus im going to get it braided next week"

Alex was tearing up and she smiled at me. " I love this new you, but I really miss the old you"

"The old me had a daughter and was a top artist" I stared at my hands " She had a fiance and a happy home"

"That can always happen again" She rubbed my back as the doorbell rang "Coming"

Alex walked away and left me on the couch with my lingering thoughts. I can always have more children in the future but Fairen will always be my first born.

"Eh hem" I heard and looked up

I stood up off the couch, wide mouthed, and shocked. "Dana"

"Hey Pilar" He said with his hands in his pocket

"I'm going to leave you two alone" Alex said

"Don't leave because I might kill him" I said as my anger rose

"I'm going to sit on the couch instead" she said sitting on the couch

"Listen I know I've been MIA I truly had to get help for myself before I could stand around and be strong for you"

"I'm going to dismiss that excuse" I said as tears poured from my eyes " You left me with the agony of our... OUR daughters death, I am supposedly suppose to be your wife Dana" I started " AND YOU LEFT ME AFTER I TRIED TO KILL MYSELF, YOU DIDN'T COME TO OUR DAUGHTERS FUNERAL, YOU DIDN'T CALL OR TEXT OR LEAVE A NOTE.... NOTHING... YOU LEFT ME NOTHING BY AGONY AND AN EMPTY FEELING"

" I HATE THAT I LOVE YOU AS MUCH AS I DO. I HATE THAT WE HAD A CHILD WHO DIED WHEN SHE WAS 1 YEARS OLD. I HATE THAT WE GOT MARRIED. I HAD KELLY FOR HAVING PEOPLE SHOOT UP PUR WEDDING. I HATE THAT YOU GOT HER PREGNANT. I HATE EVERY PIECE OF PAIN YOU CAUSED ME. " I yelled and cried " BUT YOU THINK ITS OKAY TO COME OUT OF BUTT ASS NO WHERE AND SAID HEY"

"I'm sorry... I couldn't be strong for you because I was breaking down myself" He sobbed "I love you so much that I felt like I failed when Kelly told me she had a baby, when our wedding got shot up and I couldn't protect my child.  I felt less of a man and ashamed to be labeled your husband"

"We could have gotten through it together" I walked up to him and touched his face "We are the Vaughns through thick and thin. You can't just up and leave me alone"

" I'm so sorry" He grabbed my waist and hugged me tight "I'm so sorry" 

"I know" I said "I know"