Partners? (Part 3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 Year Time skip
~~~~~~~~~~

I began searching through my closet before pulling out a dark navy blue short skirt with a light teal and white horizontally striped long sleeved shirt.
I had grown, not to be self conscious of but annoyed of my cuts and scars on my arms.
People seem to always stare and talk loudly about me or even go up to me and ask me about them.
Ugh, it's become annoying I've began wearing purple and black striped finger cut gloves.
I then proceeded with my outfit as I put on black stockings what reached just underneath the skirt, leaving a bit of a gap revealing skin.
I could only see around 2 extremely faded scars so that should work!
I put on a white flower choker and plain black shoes before heading out.
Danieru never let me wear chokers. Only she wore them.
This one was my first, and it was quite beautiful but simple at the same time.
I stared at myself as I played with my bangs.
I examined the scar that still remained before leaving my bangs alone, allowing them to drop just enough for them to cover the scar.
"Time to head to the CCG!" I yelled out to myself before heading outside.
I forgot to mention... Today's my first day working at the CCG!

~~~~

I arrived at the familiar CCG building.
I grinned at the sight of it before entering.
As I entered I took a glance around before calming myself and gaining a straight personality.
As I walked around I began to realise, I'm a lot shorter then everyone here.
Suddenly the memory from 2 years ago hit me of the men talking.
Ugh, am I really that short?
I shrugged off the thought before continuing on pushing through the crowd of rushing people.
All of them looked so professional compared to me... Who cares!
I accidentally got jammed in a spot in between a few people.
Dang it's so crowded today! I thought as I tried to push them away but failed. They seemed to be stuck as well.
I began getting extremely annoyed as I backed away, building up enough strength to ram into the guy in front of me.
I counted down from 2 seconds before running and attempting to push them away with all the force I had.
A second before I reached the guy it seemed that he had finally escaped since he walked away before I was able to reach him.
I instead ran forward and accidentally bumped into someone else.
We both ended up falling over and hitting the ground. Well the person I fell on hit the ground, he was what I landed on.
I was laying my head on something for a few seconds... No someone.
I swiftly looked up and saw
Red eyes.

Red eyes?

Where have I seen those red eyes from before?

After a few seconds I realised I was staring up at him.
Shit.
I glanced around and saw some people beginning to stare.
I quickly sat up on him as I stared down at his eyes before saying "sorry bout that!" with a smile before standing up and reaching out my hand for him to grab.
The white haired boy then took my hand and stood up.
As he grabbed my hand I feel an unfamiliar odd sensation, causing me to look down at his hand and see... Stitches? Wow they look so cool! I looked up at his face and saw stitches underneath his eye and lip as well.
Also going down his neck before disappearing into his buttoned up white shirt.
To be honest I was slightly tempted to look inside his shirt but... Yeah.
I looked back down at his hand I was still oddly enough holding before raising it higher for me to see.
I examined his stitches for a few seconds before commenting "your stitches look so cool" with a grin.
He then pulled his hand away before smiling and saying cheerfully "Thanks~! The name's Juuzou Suzuya!"
"Hey juuzou, I'm Taeko Akiyama" I replied back.
We awkwardly stared at each other in silence for a few seconds before getting interrupted.
"Well, cya" I said before turning around, but I then felt a hand grab my arm.
I flinched and quickly pulled my arm away.
I wasn't really comfortable with others touching me.
I turned around and saw Juuzou was the one who grabbed my arm.
He didn't seem to be offended by my actions.
"We're heading to the same meeting room silly, do you even know where you're going?" He said still as cheerful as ever with a smile.
How the hell does he do it?
I then realised, Wait, I don't know where to go.
Just then I felt like slapping myself in the face.
Juuzou began to laugh as he read my expression that basically said I didn't know what I was doing.
"Well then c'mon!" He said before skipping away.
I ran after him eventually catching up with him.

~

We arrived at the room filled with other CCG investigators.
Just by looking at them I felt a little excited.
I began to feel odd, like someone was staring at me so I turned my attention to my left to see Juuzou staring at me.
I felt slightly uncomfortable but I eventually took a seat.
Juuzou took the seat next to me before sinking into the chair as he leaned back, staring at the ceiling with an expressionless face.
Everyone finally got seated and Marude began speaking.
"Hello my name is Investigator Marude Itsuki and I'm going to be the leader of this squad. Some of you have been here for years and others are new.
For example, welcome Taeko Akiyama!" I flinched the second I heard my name and turned my head to Marude who was forcing a smile.
"Huh? Wha?" I said to hear a snicker coming from Juuzou.
Marude's smile slightly faded before he continued on.
"Blah blah blah blah stuff blah blah" yeah i don't know.
After the whole meeting went on Marude said we're going to be receiving partners. Oh great.
"Taeko Akiyama! Your partner is going to be Juuzou Suzuya! Shinohara will be the one monitoring you both! Any concerns?" He said in a loud tone.
I rapidly shook my head, motioning no before realising what he had said.
Partners with Juuzou? I thought as I turned my head to look at him.
He noticed and began to smile while standing up.
"Well! Looks like we're gonna be workin' together!" Juuzou exclaimed cheefully with a tint of childishness.

I smiled in return before standing up as well.
"Juuzou! Taeko!" I heard a voice calling our names from across the meeting room.
I looked over to see a guy with an odd circle haircut on his head.
The guy eventually made his way to us before introducing himself.
"Hi, my name is Yukinori Shinohara and as of today I'm going to be the one monitoring you and Juuzou."

~
Shinohara said that me and Juuzou would be sharing a home.
I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with that but oh well.
Despite Juuzou's kindness if he tries to pull anything funny I won't hesitate to show him where he stands and where I stand.
My thoughts were interrupted by the car hitting a sudden bump.
I was startled before looking at Juuzou who seemed to be concentrating on the window.
I turned my attention to my window and began to focus on everything that came into view as we drove.

~

We arrived at a modern yet fancy looking house.
It had 1 floor and was quite a cute looking one.
My staring was interrupted by a rough hand being placed on my shoulder.
I turned my head to see Shinohara.
"Here you go kid. The keys to the place, and please do try to get along with Juuzou." Shinohara-san said as he handed me the keys.
"I'll be on my way now since it's getting pretty dark. Try to get settled in and get a good night sleep." Shinohara said while looking at me and Juuzou before waving and getting in the car and driving off.

"Welll Taeko! Looks like it's just gonna be me and you!" Juuzou said with a smile.
"Yup I can see that." I responded as I put the keys in the lock and opened the door.
I opened the door to see a living room with black leather couches and a large flat screen TV.
"Sweet!" I said as I entered and threw myself on the couch.
The second I was laying on the couch I didn't realise how tired I was.
I let my eyes rest for a few seconds before opening them to see 2 red Ruby orbs hovering over me.
I flinched before smiling.
"Are you just gonna lay here all night? You gotta get your stuff settled in!" Juuzou said before skipping off into his room.
I got up and began humming to myself the same tune Danieru hummed when she would "play" with me.
The second I began humming it so many horrible memories of her hit me all at once.
Hold it in Taeko. I began giggling before feeling a tear roll down my cheek.
I swiftly wiped it away, I really hate that feeling of a tear rolling down my cheek.
Why was I crying?
I continued humming as I slowly walked to my room.

~

I quickly finished getting my stuff settled in before hearing the door of my room opening.

I turned my attention to the door to see Juuzou entering the room with his usual goofy smile.
"Yeah Juuzou?" I said as I plopped myself onto the floor in front of a bed.
He didn't even answer as he walked over to me and sat down in front of me.
"Let's play a game!" He said with his smile, except it seemed a bit more like a grin.
"Okay sure...what game?" I asked slightly excited since it's been forever since I've played with anyone.
I used to play with that little boy I remember sometimes but I'm not sure what to call him.
"Hide and seek!" He said leaning in closer to me.
"Really! That's one of my favorites!" I said excitingly leaning in closer to Juuzou as well.
~