the mess up/Nightmares (part 6)

We began to head towards the movie theatres before arriving at 7:58pm.
"7:59 now, basically 8pm!" Juuzou exclaimed before being silenced by me placing my hand on his mouth.
"Shhh, you're not supposed to be here remember?" I said before hearing someone call out to me...I think.

"Ayy! Little one!" I heard the voice coming from afar and before I even told Juuzou he hid already knowing what to do.

The guy eventually caught up to me before continuing on talking.

"Hey I never really caught your name" he said with a smile.

"Taeko! Taeko Akiyama!" I said firmly, I'm not really sure how I should be acting when 'going out'.
"Nice to meet ya Taeko, I'm hideyoshi nagachika! But call me hide" the blonde boy exclaimed.

(Hehe)

We entered and chose a movie before beginning to watch it.
He seemed to be enjoying it meanwhile I kept my guard up.

After the movie we returned back outside and began to have a mini chat.

"That was a fun movie to watch, we should go out some other time again!" Hide said with a smile before continuing on.

"And want me to walk you home? I don't mind, actually, it's my job as your date to walk you home" hide said joyfully with a close-eyed smile.
This just proves he's a ghoul! Only a ghoul would want to get his victim alone. I should say yes.
"Definitely. Let's get going" I responded with before smiling and beginning my journey back home.
We began to do small conversations basically getting to know each other better.
Hide seemed like a cool guy, too bad he's a ghoul.
I constantly kept looking back to see Juuzou silently following us. Good.
We reached an alley-way before stopping.
I took a quick glance to Juuzou and gave him a thumbs up, signaling it's time to attack.

'Wait...I don't even need Juuzou'
I thought as I pulled out a few knives I stole from Juuzou.
I tackled hide down and before I decided to impale I began to speak.
"This is for you own good, ghoul!" I exclaimed and gripped the knife and began to swing down quicker then ever before being stopped a few centimeters away from his chest.
"Stop! I'm not a ghoul!" I heard hide say as I looked down at him.
Oddly enough his kagune or ghoul eyes haven't showed yet.
He actually looked terrified.
I sat there in silence as I stared down at him, waiting for his kagune to appear and throw me off him but nothing happened.

Have my instincts led me wrong? Shit.
I took a glance back up at Juuzou who looked like he was about to attack but stopped himself as well.
"Well, if your not a ghoul then why did you want to 'go out'?" I asked still holding the knife a few centimeters away from his chest.
"Because I wanted to get to know you better, and you're really pretty! I've been single long enough! I finally decide to ask a girl out and this happens" hide said wide-eyed still staring up at me.
Wait, so he had actual intentions to get to know me better and not eat me?
And...I'm pretty?
"Pretty...?" I quietly mumbled to myself as I dropped the knife on the cold hard concrete ground, creating a clacking sound.

What have I done?
Great, if the CCG finds out I attacked a human out of instinct who knows what'll happen.
"Could you please get off me?" Hide asked losing his frightened face.
I stood up and held out my hand for hide to grab ahold of even thought I'm pretty sure he wouldn't touch me after what I've done.
Oddly enough, he grabbed it and stood up.
"I'm sorry, I'll go now. You probably never wanna see me again" I said as I stared at the ground before beginning to walk off.
"Actually, I can understand where you're coming from. It's okay, you accidentally mistaked me for a ghoul! But the only thing that's still making me feel off is...why are you carrying around knives?" He said questionably.
"Oh, I'm apart of the CCG! I kinda need to have weapons with me all the time" I exclaimed with a smile.
"Ohhhh! That makes this whole situation a hundred times better for you" hide said with a smile.