Chapter 11

An hour later after she sent her message to Albert.

Agot: (typing something on her computer nang tumunog intercom niya)

Belle: Agot line 1.

Agot: (pick up the phone) good morning, this is Agot speaking, how may I help you?

Albert: telling me you miss me also is a good start.

Agot: Albert! Why are you calling on this line?

Albert: I can't get through your number.

Agot: I switched it off. I'm charging it.

Albert: I just read your message. Just got off from a dinner meeting. How are you?

Agot: good.

Albert: how's work?

Agot: slacking that you're not here. No slave driver to make us crazy.

Albert: (laugh)

Agot: tell your secretary thank you for the flowers. They're beautiful.

Albert: ouch! I'm hurt Agot. I personally choose the flowers.

Agot: you're not the type and besides you're way too busy to spare the time to browse for flower arrangements.

Albert: for you? Got lots of time to spare.

Agot: seriously, thank you Albert.

Albert: I can't wait to come home.

Agot: so home now is Philippines? I thought it's the States?

Albert: wherever you are is home.

Agot: stop saying the right words just to sweet talk me.

Albert: I'm being serious.

Agot: (silent only)

Albert: I'll be counting the days 'till I will see you again darling.

Agot: (whisper) I miss you too.

Albert: take— can you say that again?

Agot: I'll see you a few days from now.

Albert: not that.

Agot: (sigh) I miss you, happy now?

Albert: (lapad ang ngiti) sobra! You make my day.

Agot: (she grumble) you are making it impossible for me not to miss you.

Albert: (laughing) continue missing me and I'll be home in a few days and I'll show you how I'm missing you.

Agot: magtrabaho na nga ako. Magpahinga ka na. Late na jan ah.

Albert: almost at the house. Call you later. Take care of yourself for me, okay?

Agot: 'kay.

Albert: I love you Agot.

Agot: kung inaantay mong mag a i love you too ako sayo nagkakamali ka.

Albert: (laugh) i know you are getting there or baka nga mahal mo na ako in denial ka lang.

Agot: kapal mo din noh.

Albert: sssshhhhhhh! (Yung ilong mo lumalaki butas) relax! (End ang call)

Agot: (inis dahil naisahan na naman siya. Put down the phone and then natawa nalang).

Bumalik na din si Agot sa ginagawa niya.

Albert send Agot messages from time to time. Just simple messages telling her of his activity or his day. Or simply just asking if she's eaten. Sometimes he calls Agot at night just to tell her good night personally which makes Agot slowly fall in love with Albert again but pinipigilan lang niya self niya dahil sa past nila and sa secret niya na hindi niya pa nasasabi kay Albert.