Not a Chapter

So....I finished watching BTS's speech at the 2018 MAMAs, and there is something I want to say about it....

Whether you're an army, or not, I hope you read this, and please tell me if there are any errors in my writing, since I can't see well with the tears in my eyes.

When BTS went up to give a speech for winning the Artist Of The Year award, they explained a lot of sentimental stuff. For the past 5 years, were a lot of good things that happened to them, but there were bad things as well.

5 years ago, BTS originally debuted as a hip hop group. Things weren't that easy seeing as Bighit, their company, was small and in debt at the time. At the time, their was also a different line up of members for BTS, but they all decided to not become part of the group, making RM, the leader, the only one left of the original line up. June 13, 2013. BTS finally debuted. They stuck with the hip hop concept. Sadly, because of barely any money to go on, BTS almost disbanded, this happened during the N.O era, but they stuck with each other, with hope that they would make it far. They didn't grow that much popularity wise until 2 years later, when the song 'I Need U' was made in 2015. In the MV, they had to use the staff cars, and at the time, they also had to use some staff as casts in the MVs because of lack of money. Thankfully, I Need U blew up among Korea. Then came the wings era in 2016. They won a Dasaeng, and became the first ever artist that wasn't from the big 3 companies (YG, SM, JYP) to win an award in the MAMAs. After, in 2017, they attended the BBMAs and became the first ever kpop group to win a BBMA. A few months later, they attended the AMAs and preformed their hit song 'DNA.' Later in 2018, they won another BBMA, AMA, MAMA, and even got invited to the Grammy's Museum! With many hardships during the past 5 years, BTS stuck together like brothers and tried finding ways to pass the obstacles that come to their journey.

The members also had a fair number of hardships individually.

Jin: Jin was first casted on the streets by his good looks. He decided to audition originally as an actor, wanting to impress his mom. He made the audition, but sadly, his looks were the only thing people saw in him. Haters and fake fans kept on saying that he has nothing to contribute in BTS besides his looks, that his dancing skills are horrible, and that his vocals weren't that great either. As the years passed by, he continued, and still does, prove them wrong by improving his dancing skills, and by singing his heart out with his smooth and honey like voice. In 2016, Jin shared about how people would look down on him in his song 'Awake.'

Suga: Suga was an underground rapper before auditioning in Bighit. His original idea was to become a producer and songwriter. His parents didn't support his idea, so he had to travel from Daegu, his hometown, to Seoul, alone, suffering with paying an apartment, and going to college while producing and writing songs. This eventually gave him depression. He had very little money and would to spend it on either the bus home, or food, so it meant that he had to starved himself a lot. He had no intention of becoming an idol. It wasn't until the company's president, Bang PD, persuaded him into joining BTS by telling him that BTS would be a group with a hip hop concept, so he decided to join. During his years as a trainee, he suddenly started thinking about his body and started Shortly after debut, he was heavingly criticized by fellow underground rappers, saying that he 'abandoned hip hop by joining an idol group.' He managed to make it strong throughout the years and became one of the most successful rapper and producer in Korea.

J-Hope: Jhope auditioned as a dancer because he wanted his dad to be proud of him. He made it when Bighit found out that he practiced for 3 more hours after auditioning because it showed how hard working he was. He became a trainee and debuted as a rapper in BTS. Sadly, after debut, a lot of fake fans called him ugly and threatened him to leave BTS. Thankfully, he didn't let the hate go to his head and he remained with the group. He was an underrated member of BTS until his Mixtape (or Hixtape), Hope World, came out.

RM: Being the leader wasn't easy for him. He, like Suga, was criticized by underground rappers saying that he abandoned hip hop. After debut, he was criticized yet again by netizens for not having the beauty standard of a kpop idol. He took these hateful messenges by heart, and released a mixtape in 2015 called 'RM' about his identity crisis on whether he's an idol, or not. He was even once told to choose on whether he would, continue being the leader of BTS and stick with the group, or purseu his dreams as a soloist. Thankfully, he stuck with the group and watched as they all, as a group, improved.

Jimin: When Jimin auditioned, he became a dancer. He only trained for 1 year, which is a short amount of time for an idol to train before debut. He was almost kicked out about 9-15 times, and even almost got kicked out before their debut. When they did debut, he pressured himself to keep his muscles and abs, which made him often skip meals. He works hard as a dancer, and is very good at modern dancing, but he pushes himself a lot with his vocals. He would always be frustrated whenever he made, even a small accident, while singing. He thinks that his vocals aren't great, and often beat himself mentally because of it. He thankfully has stopped and is now a key member of BTS.

V: V didn't grow up with much back then. He was raised in a farm and was taken care of by his grandmother. His family was sadly poor. One day, when accompanying his friend to the auditions, a staff asked him to audition, and got permission from his parents. A few days later, he got a letter stating that he would be a member of BTS. When they debuted, a lot of people didn't know who V was, because he was supposedly a secret member. That caused him to often be left out by fans because they didn't know about him. Now, a few years later, he is ranked #1 in the most handsome faces of 2017.

Jungkook: Jungkook was very young at the time. When he first auditioned, he was only 15 years old (13-14 internationally). He was only a child and people felt that popularity would take over him. He grew up with 6 older brothers to take care of him and raise him. Back in early 2013, they even attended his high school graduation. To him, the members of BTS were like his family. They taught him things he would need to know, and treated him like their little baby. Even though he is now 21 (20 internationally), they still treat him, and take care of him like their baby.

In conclusion, their were many ups and downs in their lives, but it just made them stronger. To be honest, BTS, and kpop in general is the reason why I still am alive. The lyrics, songs, and even personality of the idols help me know that even if I was depressed, and even if I hated myself, that their would be people in the world who would stick by me. Like BTS said,

'Love Yourself'