2. >ALONE 2<

"You're a COWARD!" Erika cried to her father. "Dad please don't go!" Keith prayed. "I can not stay," their dad replied. "You will die!" Keith screamed, "at least I will die with honor-" "So you would rather die then be with your family?!" Erika snapped. "No, I would rather die fighting for my family to be safe." The door then creaked open, "What is going on down here?" Their mother asked. "Your going to die" Erika said staring her father down, she soon sighed, grabbed her twins arm, and dragged him to the room.

"What is going on?" Mother asked the father. "I'm going to the war," the mom covered her mouth with her hands, tears filling her eyes. "You, you, promised!" She croaked. He sighed. "My country needs saving, the troops are dropping like flies-" "Exactly! This is a suicide mission!" The mother yelled. "This is your problem! You think your such a superman, but you'll end up just like the others! Swimming in stomach acid!" She argued. "Carol-" "No! Go fight in the war! Don't bother coming back." She wiped her eyes and turned around. He picked his bag back up and walked out the door.

Across the town-

"Mom, I just want you to come back, okay?" Anthony said to his mother. His dad already left for the war; but he never returned. Anthony's mother could feel her stomach twisting, "Don't worry about me, son, I'll be fine" she assured him. "I can come with mom," She wiped a tear away from her eye, "No son, you are too precious for me to loose, and too young." She replied. The mother wiped his eyes, "I will be alright honey," she began. "Wait for me to return, promise me you will;" Anthony nodded. "I will" She hugged her son one last time. "The lord will bring you home to me," she kissed him on the cheek and broke the hug. "I love you. Although, I am not physical here; I am in your heart." She wrapped the bag around her arm and walked out the door.

Anthony tried to wipe his tears away but they kept on flooding through. He walked to his room as slow as a sloth. He twisted the photo of his family. "Grandfather, dead. Grandmother, dead. Uncles Don and Ted, dead. Cousin James, dead. Father, dead. Mother, I know Is next-" he was cut off by his own crying. "Son, if anytime you are feeling down; pray. The lord will do his best to answer your prayers, just... Well... Ask" that's what his father used to say.

So before any hesitation, he kneeled before the lord and, started to pray. "Dear lord, My name is Anthony Padilla. I live here, in America. It would be accurate to assume that... well... I need a little help." He took a deep breath and continued; "My mother left to go fight against the titans, and deep in my heart, I think that... She wont come back, but, I don't want to believe that voice. Ever since my father went M.I.A, things haven't been the same. And now, my mother is gone. Right now, I am praying that, my mother will be safe, she will be healthy, and she will make it home. I don't want her..." Anthony wiped away a tear. "I need her," he sighed. "Please help a guy out, one who so solemnly needs it... Amen."

He sat there for a bit before standing. He changed from his casual clothes to his pajamas. First night alone. He will be here for many lonely nights.

if he survives.