Getting Him Down

Red awoke to the cold air of the mountain, he saw Pikachu beside him and stood up. The sun was beginning to shine through the opening of the cave they lived in. It had been so long since he had faced a challenger that Red was beginning to grow tired of simply waiting and training every day. Pikachu woke up before to long and the two walked outside, Red stood with Pikachu on his shoulder, looking out over Kanto. He could see his home town, Pallet Town, he knew that down there lived his friends Blue and Leaf.

Then he heard something behind him, he turned around and grabbed a pokeball as Pikachu jumped down beside him. But what he saw wasn't a challenger, it was Leaf and Blue. Leaf ran towards him and leaped into his arms, burying her head in his neck. Blue walked towards them as Leaf finally detached herself from Red, but she still clung to his arm as though he would try to leave.

"Red, I know you don't want to come down but please, everyone misses you." Blue pleaded, only to be met with silence.

"Damnit Red! Don't you understand that everyone misses you!?" Blue yelled at him, but Red remained silent.

"Red, please. Your mom misses you, Blue misses you, I-I miss you." Leaf whispered as she hugged him again as tears began to fall, only to freeze as they left her face.

"I'm sorry." Red said quietly.

"Look man, if you're sorry then come home." Blue told him, his voice no longer angry.

Red just began to walk back to his cave, but he kept Leafs hand in his as he did. Blue followed, curious as to where Red was going. They walked into the cave and Red sat down, pulling Leaf down next to him as Blue took his other side.

"A storm is starting, you'll have to stay here." Red said to them.

"And after that?" Leaf asked, her voice filled with hope.

"I-I'll come home." Red told her.

Leaf sprung once more into his arms and Blue rested his hand on Reds shoulder.

"Thank you, friend." Blue said to him.

"Why are you thanking me?" Red asked, his voice muffled from within Leafs hair.

"You listened." Blue explained shortly.

Red made a fire and helped his friends get warm, then he cleared some space for them for the night. Before long the storm picked up harshly, the snow and ice blowing slightly inside the entrance to the cave. Red made the fire a little bigger and allowed Pikachu to curl up in his lap.

"Red, we've been thinking, about going somewhere new." Blue told him, "You in?"

"You know I traveled the world before coming up here Blue." Red responded to him.

"Yeah but not this place." Leaf said.

"Where is it?" Red asked, turning his attention to Leaf.

"Alola, it's tropical. Made up of four islands, supposed to be pretty nice too." she told him.

"Sounds a little hot to me." Red said, gesturing to the mountain.

"Don't be a baby. So you in?" Blue asked him once again.

"Fine." replied Red.

"Oh, here." Blue said, handing Red a device, "An Xtransceiver."

"What is it?" Red asked.

"It makes calls, up to four ways too." Blue explained.

Before long it began to dark, so Red laid out his sleeping bag for the night and Blue and Leaf followed suit. Red closed his eyes for a moment but soon felt something tapping his shoulder, he looked to see Leaf sitting by him.

"Red, can I-umm can I sleep next to you?" she asked him.

Reds face was beginning to match his name as he nodded slightly. Leaf pulled her bag next to him, but then she took it a step further and unzipped hers and his bags before zipping them together. She grabbed his arm and snuggled against him before whispering, "I really hope this isn't a dream. I missed you Red."

Red wrapped his arms around her as he fell asleep, a small smile on his face.

When Red woke up the next morning, he saw Leaf in his arms and remembered the previous day. Before long they all got up and packed up, the storm had cleared so they left the cave and headed back down the mountain. It took some time but they made it down and then set off to Pallet Town.

"Red, just be prepared for what your mom's gonna do." Blue warned him.

Red raised an eyebrow at him, confused.

"She really misses you so she's probably gonna tackle you and then embarrass you." Leaf explained.

And when they arrived in Pallet Town and Red opened his door, what happened was as they had said. His mom tackled him to the ground and started babying him, asking if he got hurt up on the mountain. After she was done, Red began to pack to leave for Alola the next day. He wouldn't have much time in his home but that was alright with him, he was ready to go already. He never liked staying home, he was more for adventure and stuff like that.

After packing, Red lay down in his bed and closed his eyes, excited for the coming day and adventure. He was most excited to have Leaf and Blue back in his life. Blue had always been like a brother to him and Red couldn't deny his feeling for Leaf. He had always felt something different for her, and he had only realized the extent of those feelings when he went to Mt. Silver. He was so grateful for them coming to get him, he hadn't thought about coming down for so long and after he beat that Gold kid enough, and then finally let him win, no one was brave enough to face him anymore. But now, it was time for a change, a new adventure.