A Grand Surprise

Red sat on the beach of Melemele island, deep in thought. They had all finished the Grand Trial on Poni Island three weeks ago, it had been the hardest battle he'd had during the Island Trials.

Flashback to Red's Grand Trial

"Golurk, Hammer Arm!" the Kahuna, Hapu yelled to her pokemon.

"Gol! Uuuurk!" it yelled as it swung its arm down at Pikachu.

Pikachu leaped away and slammed an Iron Tail into the ground and ghost type. Golurks arms was pushed away but then Hapu called out for a Shadow Punch that sent Pikachu flying backwards.

"Now, finish it with Earthquake!" Hapu yelled for the super effective move.

Golurk slammed its foot into the ground which began to shake, Pikachu was launched into the air and when he hit the ground, he was almost down. Red knew that he was running out of options so he nodded to Pikachu who shot off with a Quick Attack and when he was close to Golurk he leaped up to be eye level with it and slammed several Iron Tails into its face before  finally slamming one down on its head.

Red had Pikachu come back and both trainers sent out their next pokemon. Hapu sent out her Gastrodon and Red sent out Venasaur.

"Gastrodon, use Mud Bomb!" Hapu commanded.

Venasaur stopped it with a Frenzy Plant in front of it, then it used Giga Drain on Gastrodon. Gastrodon was soon enveloped by the still going Frenzy Plant and the Giga Drain, it was the easy win of the match.

Hapu called it back and sent out her Flygon, "Win this for me Flygon!"

Red called back Venasaur and sent out Blastoise.

"Flygon, hit it with Dragon Breath!" Hapu called out.

Blastoise tucked into its shell and when it popped back out it let loose a Blizzard. The move struck Flygon and sent it down to earth before Blastoise hit it with a Hydro Cannon, fainting it.

Both sides recalled their pokemon and Hapu sent out Mudsdale while Red sprayed Pikachu with a Hyper Potion before sending him back out.

"Mudsdale, use Double Kick!" Hapu yelled.

"Pika!" Pikachu yelled as he jumped to the side, away from the attack before using Quick Attack to get under the larger pokemon.

Once Pikachu was under it he slammed an Iron Tail into Mudsdales leg, causing it to fall down as Pikachu jumped away. Then once Mudsdale was up again, Hapu did the poses for the ground type Z-Move. Once she finished, Mudsdale used the Z-Move Tectonic Rage but just before it could hit, Pikachu was suddenly gone. He had moved so fast it was like he dissapeared and when he was seen again, he was slamming an Iron Tail into Mudsdales face.

End Flashback

Red heard steps behind him, and when he turned he saw Leaf standing there. She was wearing a sea green dress and a pair of sandals as she stood there waiting for Red to stand up.

"Red you know that there's that party in Iki Town going on right?" Leaf asked him, "We're ALL supposed to be there."

"I know." Red told her, "I just wanted to be here because it's quieter without all those people."

"Well then, how about I join you for a while and then we can go back to Iki Town?" Leaf suggested.

Red simply nodded as Leaf took her seat beside him, she leaned into his chest as she scooted over so she was more in his lap. They stayed that way for a while before Red surprised them both.

"Leaf, I-I want to marry you." he said quietly. although he hadn't meant to say it out loud.

"W-What?! Marry me?!" Leaf asked, she was surprised that he had been so blunt but at the same time she loved that he had said it.

"I'm sor-" Red began but was cut off by Leafs lips on his.

"I love that idea Red, we haven't been together for very long but I've loved you all my life." Leaf told him as they parted.

"I've loved you my whole life too and I know it sounds corny but there's no one I'd rather be with." Red told her with a small smile.

"Well then, I guess we should tell Blue huh?" Leaf said, giggling at the thought of their friends reaction.

"Later, for now let's just relax." Red told her.

"Nope, we have to go to the party." Leaf said sternly.

"I'm not getting out of this am I?" Red asked her.

"No." she said with a giggle as she dragged him to the party.

Once they arrived Red found a small jewelry shop he had visited a few days prior and told Leaf to wait outside. He walked inside and found the old lady at the counter. He had planned to ask Leaf later that night to marry him anyway but since he let it slip on the beach he figured he'd pick up the ring and give it to her.

"Ah, young man you're back." the woman greeted him, "Here's the ring, good luck."

"Oh umm thanks but I accidentally asked her just a little bit ago." Red said with a chuckle, he had been practicing his speaking to others more.

"Eager aren't we?" the lady teased him with a smile as he walked out the door to find Leaf.

Once he found her he grabbed her hand and dragged her off to a secluded spot, but little did he know that Blue had found them when they arrived at Iki Town and was watching them.

"Leaf, I figured that I should give this to you." Red began as he pulled out the ring, "I planned on proposing later but it slipped out earlier so here."

Red slipped the ring on her finger and she let out a gasp when she saw it before leaping into Reds arms. She pressed her lips to his and kissed him with joy.

"Well done." a voice came from nearby.

"Blue?! Red exclaimed as he watched Blue climb out from behind some trash cans, tripping over them slightly.

"Yes, it's me! Good job!" Blue congratulated them, "But you could've told me so I could have at least teased you about it." 

"That's why I didn't tell you." Red said blankly.

"Oh well." Blue said before he saw a girl walk past, "I'll smell you two later!" 

With that Blue ran after the girl, Red and Leaf laughed at him slightly before walking off to the party.

"You did ask my parents right?" Leaf asked him.

"Yeah I called them a few days ago and they said okay." Red told her.

Later that night, the couple lay in bed happy at the idea of getting married. Red walked out to get some water when he saw Blue stumble into the house, drunk and covered in lip shaped marks.

"Looks like you had fun." Leaf said as she joined them.

"Blue, go to bed." Red said as Blue slumped an arm over him.

"No, not until you love me Reddy Boo." Blue cooed as he drunkenly stroked Reds face.

"Nope." Red said as he dropped Blue to the floor before dragging him to the couch where he lay unconscious for the rest of the night.

Red and Leaf laughed quietly before going to sleep, both excited to have gotten engaged.

(That's that, the last 'chapter' there will however be an epilogue either tonight or tomorrow. And wow, two in one day and maybe more later, I'm just feeling very writey today, y'know? I did really enjoy this story and look forward to writing the sequel which will most likely have some Red x Leaf moments here and there. Anyway, see y'all later!)