CHAPTER FIVE

It wasn't until late the next day that Ricky found David again. Prior to this, David had skillfully avoided him with his unmatched talent of hiding around corners, pretending that he got an important call on his cellphone, or that he suddenly had to go to the bathroom.

However, his luck could only last for so long before he got busted trying to duck into the bathroom for the sixth time that day.

"Okay, either you've got the runs or you're avoiding me," Ricky started as he grabbed David's arm, yanking him away from the men's room.

"Get away from me, man," David shrugged him off. Realizing that a few people were watching them, and not wanting to be associated with Ricky, he darted off in the other direction. If Ricky wanted to talk to him that badly, he would follow.

And he did.

"You know," Ricky said, his short legs basically forcing him to jog to keep up with David's strides. "If you're freaking out about yesterday—"

"I'm not," David cut him off exhaustedly. Which was mostly a lie. He was kind of freaking out about yesterday. 

After overthinking everything, as per usual, he figured the 'Ragin' part of Ricky's nickname had to come from somewhere, and David was worried that behind the little bowtie and innocent smile, was a violent rage-aholic who would gladly beat him up for his stunt in the cafeteria.

Ricky followed David until they reached his locker and waited patiently while he spun the code and jerked open the squeaky door. "Okay, so when are we meeting up again?"

"Really?"

He was surprised. Not only had he publically embarrassed Ricky in front of his peers, but he had also gotten lunch all over what was probably a somewhat expensive shirt. He thought the deal would be off.

In return, Ricky sent him a 'duh' look. "Clearly we still have a lot of work to do after yesterday's performance."

"Performance?" David gawked, but the bell rang, cutting off any defense he was about to make.

Glancing at his watch, as if making sure that the bells weren't set to the wrong time, Ricky added, "Meet me after school."

"Are you going to be taking up all my free time? It may be a new concept for you, but I actually have a life."

The guys were headed out to the field to play ball after school and David would be missing it. Again. If he had known how much time it would take to transform him into a gentleman, he wouldn't have agreed to this. Wasn't there a cheat guide to gentleman-ness? Maybe a Wikipedia page?

"Not anymore," Ricky replied with an easy grin, taking backward steps down the hall. David hoped he would trip, but he didn't. Just smoothly turned the corner and disappeared.

Slamming his locker door, David grumbled under his breath and stomped his way to class.

Who did that guy think he was? Wasn't it considered rude to boss people around, and not to mention interrupt their bathroom time? The two of them seriously needed to work something out, otherwise, David would be performing a number with a little more pizazz in it next time.

⋈ ⋈ ⋈ ⋈ ⋈ ⋈ ⋈ ⋈ ⋈

Mack's hand was on David's shoulder as soon as the last class of the day was over, shoving him towards the door at an alarming speed. "Let's make like a shepherd and get the flock out of here."

"Dude," David pulled himself out of the way, just as Mack had almost rammed him into a wall.

"The boys are heading out right now. If we don't get to there before those other posers, we're going to lose the field to them."