Chapter 18

3rd Person POV:

It had been a month since Butters went into hospital. The boy was being released today. He sat excitedly rambling to the Blonde haired boy next to him.

" When I get out I'm gonna be able to walk again and I can dance and... that's it. Come to think of it my legs are pretty useless." He pouted with the coffee addict chuckling along.

" I've not seen you this happy in weeks. Just need to wait for your mom to pick you up." Tweek commented, taking a peer through the slit in the curtains. It was a stunning sunrise. Butters hadn't been allowed to see one for so long so he begged Tweek to open the blinds. The short boy gave in and did so. The light came blaring in but soon settled into the darkness' place. The heights of the sky started as a midnight dart blue. Slowly, it faded into a glistening orange gold. The two boys exhaled a fresh breath, seeing the miracle that was day and night.

" So... how are you feeling about talking to Kenny?" Tweek asked. Butters went quiet for a bit. It was merely in speculation. He knew he wasn't going to push Kenny out of his life. He wasn't going to hold a grudge. If he was Mysterion, that means he has that inside him. Besides, he always loved both of them. In a way.

" E-Earth to B-Butters man!" Tweek shakily waved his hands infront of the thinking boy's face.

" Our project is due tommorow. We had worked the idea over video. He doesn't know I'm coming out today. I'll lay low and surprise him. Interrupt the project...C-confess to him." Butters was hazy at the thought of how Kenny would react. Would it be embarrassed? Shocked? Will he accept it. Infront of everyone. That is loyalty.

The boy's pending conversation had been intervened by a knocking at the door.

" Tweek. May I talk to Butters alone?" It was the one and only. Eric Dicma-  I mean Cartman. Tweek gave the boy one stone cold glare before walking out.

" What do you want?" Butters hissed.

" To say sorry. For the awful shit I did. All your life. I want to go back and tell myself I was a complete monster. But I can't. For what it's worth, I got you a present." Cartman handed Butters a worn and torn frog doll.

" Your old Clyde frog..." The blue boy look at it in astonishment. How it was still together after -what 4 years- was beyond his knowledge.

" At night I'd always get upset because everyone would talk about how their dad tucked them in. But...I killed my dad. Clyde Frog told me he'd always be my dad. Now he's yours." Cartman tearfully pushed it into Butters arms, swallowing thickly.

" Cartman. Here keep him... I-I forgive you... It's not like you raped me." The other chuckled. He passed it back to the crying boy.

" You are...so nice. I d-d-dont know w-w-w-w-why I hurt you so m-m-much." Cartman wept. The boy in blue patted his head and ruffled his hair.

" Kyle and Stan h-h-hate, b-b-but you...don't?" Cartman had a sad smile on his tear-stained face.

" You can always hang out with us if you want." Butters reassured him calmly.

" No he can't! C- C-Clyde already t-takes up to m-much s-space!" Tweek called from behind the door before re-entering. The three were all laughing as Tweek pulled the others into a hug. 

" No one's ever hugged me before..." Cartman whispered.

...

Twenty minutes of chattering passed, Cartman got up to go home and Tweek was still waiting with Butter.  The door opened again with a man in a white suit.

" Butters Stotch your mother is in the waiting area. She's here to take you home." The man stated.

Butters enthusiastically got put of the bed with assistance from Tweek and jogged to the waiting room.

" Mom!" Butters giggled as he ran up to her, discreetly checking for any signs of his dad's abuse.

" Oh darling! I am do sorry I'm late! Come let's get in the car. You too Tweek!" She trilled happily. Tweek gave his friend a confused look, but they went with it.

They had buckled themselves in and his mother started the ignition.

" I thought dad said you weren't allowed to drive..."Butters anxiously mentioned.

" Let's listen to the radio. How about that, darling?" Linda hummed. Butters wasn't complaining. He loved to see his mother happy.

And we're  back with more stories on South Park Reporters. Recent news claims that Stephen Stotch has been arrested for physical abuse against his family, Possession of illegal drugs and Rape.

Butters stared at the radio for the longest time in silence. Eventually they stopped at his house and got off his mother decided to act.

" It's going to be hard. Just us. But I will never let anyone touch my child again. Never. " She promised as she pulled the boy into a bliss of warmth.

Butters chocked out a few unintelligible words before balling his eyes out in relief.  Happiness. He was free. Free from the gripping chains of his home, free from the fear of pain athletics school. And free from the fear of loneliness.

Everything was looking up.

//Hello everybody! I would like to note that this is the second to last chapter.Ughh I'm gonna miss wringing this. I may do bonuses but I'll be focusing on my it her story mainly or starting a different one. The support for this story left me dumbfounded. I didn't think anyone would've liked it. Thank you all and see you for the final chapter. Baii//