[2] Partners

The ball slammed on the surface of the polished wooden floor. The contact of your spike was overwhelming. It brought shock to everyone. You dropped to the floor with your two firm feet, cranking your neck, looking around in confusion. That was the usual way of how you spike. Why is it so that everyone is so shocked? 'Did I do something wrong?' You thought to yourself, looking cluelessly blank still. A roar of applause was bouncing everywhere in the corners of the whole hall. Even their coach was put to shock, his mouth left agap. "SUGOI!!! [Y/N]-chan! You can jump as high as me!!! Hey, hey, heyyyyy!!! I found a partner!" Bokuto raised his fists in excitement in the air.

>>>

The practice match was over, the coach and captains from other divisions got busy with instructing juniors and other seniors with their training meanwhile, you were away. Busy with practising with spiking and jump serving with Bokuto and Akaashi. 

"Oi, Akaashi, come over here. The little girl and number 4, continue with your training."

That was when shit got serious, Bokuto started trying to grab every chance to get closer to you. When you broke you fall from receiving his serves or spikes, he got worried, dramatically. He often picked you up with his two arms, turning you around in circles, making you dizzy. "[Y/N]-chan, are you okay?" You nodded. Getting rather out of patience with overreaction, you sighed in annoyment. "It's fine. My coach used to train us with breaking our fall or dives. Quit worryin'." You fanned his face as you chugged loudly from your water bottle thirstily.

"Hey, lovey-dovey partners, quit talking shit and start training!" A random, unknown volleyballer clicked his tongue. 

'Jeez, what's his problem? Fucking idiot.' You sighed. "Hey, what 'Lovey-Dovey Partners' shit are you talking about you bitch?" Bokuto grabbed the volleyballer by the collar. "Watch what chu' sayin'. Got me?" He swallowed his spit in fear and nodded. "Scram." The wide eyes, owl looking, pissed off boy cracked his knuckles, making the other student drop to the floor in fear before running off. You frowned. Affected by the name he gave you and Bokuto. 

>>>After the showcase and camp.<<<

You were on your way to the bus-stop. Meeting the same boy who so-called made fun of you and Bokuto training a while ago. "Hey! Senpai, or whoever you are. What's with the name you gave us a while ago?" You tapped his shoulder.

"You mean you don't know about the ship that is in between the whole of the volleyball team? Everyone is shipping both you and Bokuto! Even Akaashi agrees with us! Bokuto seemed mad about knowing of the ship. But it's still obvious knowing that he likes- Okay! Nevermind!" He chuckled. "I'll see'ya around kid!" He pushed your shoulder lightly, signifying a 'bye-bye' but in a friendly way.

Story especially written for Miazunia