[5] Escape

It was a Friday. The last day of school before a week of holiday which was to prepare you for your upcoming exams for the first semester. You and your friends were engaged in having Physical Education (PE), having fun with playing your [F/S] (favorite sport) when you suddenly felt several pairs of eyes linger on your revealing attire. You looked into the person's direction. Squinting your eyes. It was Bokuto and Akaashi. Waving to them in a jovial manner as Bokuto waved to you, flailing both of his arms meanwhile Akaashi returned you with a gentle reassuring smile. It was all a kind gesture from them which you loved. Your classes shared the spaces of the sports hall. Taking half of it. In just a while, you heard an ear piercing slap on a surface. 'Volleyball? Sounds like it...' You thought to yourself. Turning to the other side of the hall, you darted your eyes around the premises, seeing a green, white and red in color ball floating around. 'A VOLLEYBALL!' You enlarged your eyes in awe and excitement. You gave your friends an excited look. Jumping about happily.

"Don't tell me it's just because you saw your boyfriend." You [B/F/N] rolled her eyes. You looked at her with disgust. Shaking your head in disagreement.

"He's not my man. He's just a senior. No relationships." You felt a wave of heat flush through your cheeks and forehead.

"Says the one who is blushing now." She ranted back. You have her a shocked stare as you attempted to look back at the two boys playing volleyball. Spiking and setting to one another. You were tempted to join them. You wanted to escape from this situation. You hate this interrogation.
>>>Time Lapse. After 20 minutes of straight interrogation, it was canteen break.>>>
You walked to the vending machine, slowly taking your time to roll all of your small change into the hole. You pressed a button which activated the vending machine into dispensing out your favorite flavored milk. Removing the wrapper and tearing up the aluminum part with the straw.

"Hm... Same tastes huh." A senior student from behind whispered into your ear which sent chills down your spine. You turned around to reveal a tall figure, rather bulged in size. His height towering over yours. You face turning purple in fear.

"Oi, who's lurking there?" A familiar voice broke the threatening silence. It was Bokuto.

"B-Bokuto-Senpai." You hesitated. Trying to break free from the bully's tight grasps, he gripped you even harder with his callous hands. "A-ack! Ittai..." You cried out softly as tears started streaming down your cheeks. Sweat dripped down your neck in nervousness. You feel blood start to seep through your uniform.

"Let go. Now." The owl haired boy insisted. "You don't wanna start it here kid. You're just a mere 2nd Year in this school." He gritted his teeth. "You make her cry out loud one more t-" This time round, the bully was playing with fire. You felt his fingers dig into your arm even tighter which made you wince in pain loudly as you hissed.

"FUCKING LET ME GO." You screamed at him. Your actions put him into a shit-eating grin. Making him tempted to hurt you more.

"Just because you think you're a s-" His part was interrupted with a painful hook of a punch across his face. His body flew across the corridor, his cheek left Bokuto's knuckles bleeding. Profusely.

"Yeah. I'm a senior. A senior who will protect the juniors he care for. How bout' you fuck off now?" He loosened his fists as he shook himself. "[F/N]-chan are you alright?" He shook you vigorously, trying to wake you up from the incident which caused you to faint. Having sweat to drip all over his face, he still picked you up despite the pain in his knuckles and carried you to the sick bay. You opened your eyes a little to see the bully run away in fear as he held onto his face in pain, crying. You let darkness take its own way as you continue to hear Bokuto's heartbeat racing as he carried you bridal style in a hurry. "[F/N]-chan, stay with me. You're bleeding like crazy but stay with me. Come on..." He shook you occasionally on the way there.
>>>Time Lapse>>>
You opened your eyes to see Bokuto holding onto your hand close to his face as he looked at you worriedly. Your fingers interlocked with his. You gripped his hands tighter to tell him that you were awake. Feeling your sore body sprawled onto the bed. Still feeling pain on your arms from the recent 'attack' . "[F/N]-chan? You're awake!" He got up, separating his fingers from yours, he ran out of the room, shouting for the nurse to check up on you, you smiled softly, knowing that you are being cared for once again.

"He was the one who helped me escape from this unkind world. He saved me from someone who was trying hurt me."

Word count: 853