[3] All Flushed

Everything was going smoothly as usual, you woke up to the sound of your alarm. You slapped it loudly. Groaning away as fatigue overwhelmed you. 'I'm gonna hate today. So bad.' You got on your feet, trying to balance your way to the toilet, preparing for school. Putting over your uniform, your shoes, grabbing your bag, a piece of bread in your mouth and "Swoosh!" There you went, running to school.

Your lessons were going along quite well, when a knock on the door of your classroom interrupted the lesson. "Sensei, ohayogozaimasu. May I have a word with [F/N]? It's regarding on her schedule for the upcoming nationals. She has been chosen as the top, main 6 players for Volleyball." A familiar body build with black and grey hair stuck his head in. It was Bokuto-Pico. You got up from your seat, hearing whispers from your classmates. "Damn who's this guy?"
"Is he [Y/N]'s boyfriend?"
"He seems like a senior."
Was all you heard. You didn't want to hear any of it. You felt that it wasn't turning out right.
"Hey. What did I miss?" You crossed your arms.

"You have practice today and you have been specially chosen by the school for nationals. So you'll be playing with the second years which is also the B-Division Volleyball Girls and you're now the captain of your volleyball team. Congrats!" A casual, happy-go-lucky smile was shown on his face. He pulled his hand out, tapping your head. "I'll catch you later, First Year Captain!" In a swift movement, he ducked his head, leveling his lips with your forehead giving it a light peck before leaving you with a blush and running off. You noticed that he have blushed too as he left frantically and panicky. (EYYY that rhymes!)
>>Time Lapse, cuz I'm too god darned lazy to write shit about stupid school.>>

It was then, all the action started.

"5 laps around the field, 150 digging passes, 100 upper hand sets and 50 consistent spiking against the wall." Your coach ordered the volleyball divisions.

You often tried to stay away from the seniors and attempted to blend in with your teammates. It didn't work. You still ended up getting dragged away by the seniors who also ended up pushing you to the spiky haired owl.

"Oi! Yamete-kudasai! (Please stop). I'm not too sure if we like each other. I'm not interested either. I just want to live happily and join my other friends. Stop pushing me to Bokuto-senpai." You frowned, walking away in a huff, joining your teammates. You knew you shouldn't have blown up at them like that as it was rude but you had to be stern for the moment. You had to understand your feelings. It was all mixed up. Excitement, anger, happiness... It was just too much to take in. Positioning your spiking posture, your raised your left arm in a 90 degree angle, raising your right arm, spiking the ball hard with your anger, the ball bounced against the floor, to the wall, leaving an ear piercing slap. It overwhelmed the atmosphere of the sports hall. "Fuck this shit." You muttered under your breath, seeing the ball reaching up to your highest point once again, you raised your arm, swinging it forward like a whip, applying a large amount of strength with my forearm muscles, slapping it hard and fiercely once again. I curled my fingers after spiking the ball against the floor as it bounced off to the wall once again.

Bokuto's POV

There I was, watching her every move. Despite her petite size, she can handle things so well. At such a young age, she's already doing better than me. I can't believe it... Drooling all over and about, looking at her, I felt a slap on my back. "Oi! Bokuto. Stop drooling over her and quit slacking, we have nationals at the end of this year." My so-called second father scolded. It was Akaashi.

"How am I suppose to? I'm crazy over her. She's literally like a... Loli... No. She... I DON'T KNOW. BUT LOOK AT HER. FUCKIN' CUTE-" I rubbed my forehead as I groaned, all flustered. "You like her don't you?" He interrupted me. "Well... I don't know." Feeling blood rush up to my cheeks. I was all flushed, having the thought of [Y/N]'s gentle smile. I walked back to my corner, completing my upper hand setting.
>>Time Lapse>>

Narrator's POV

Your team won in the practice match. All ended pretty well, except the injuries you've gotten from falling. The match was harsh with the Second Year Boys' Divison. Bokuto was especially harsh this time round, often spiking at you for no special reason. You suspected something wasn't right about him. During the matches, the Female Divisions cheered loudly for you meanwhile, most of the males from the opposite sex divisions were cheering for your team only a handful were cheering for the owl-headed's team which led to an embarrassing loss to his team. He was depressed right after. You were in the wing spiker's position. Even though you were hardly given the chance to spike, you still had fun in blocking a few of their spikes and giving them a 'one-touch' block occasionally.

It was the end of training, walking to the train station with Bokuto and Akaashi awkwardly. Crow-squawking-awkward kind of silence.

"Oi, Bokuto-Pico, I have things to attend to, I'm going by the other lane. I'll seeya' around." He waved. "Bye [F/N]-chan." He smiled softly before briskly walking to the other road, separating from you and Bokuto. You both waved back to him. Beginning your journey once again. It was all still quiet till you both reached your stations. He was taking the train on the right meanwhile, yours was on the left. "I guess this is where we say goodbye?" He raised his eyebrows as he shrugged. "Yeah..." You sighed. Having 'sad' written on your face. The sounds of the railway tracks vibrating, both of your trains arriving. You see a beam of light reaching. Turning back to say one last goodbye for the day to him, you enlarged your eyes in shock to feel his lips pressed against yours. Seeing his eyes closed. His warm soft lips pressing on yours roughly. Both of your train doors opened, a few working adults and students happened to notice the scene, looking at you that seemed like it lasted for many hours. His lips left yours, running into the train in a fluster, turning back to you as he stood in the middle of the cabin, blushing away as he waved at you. The doors closed, seeing his train zoom off as he left. You stood rooted to the ground, still in shock for seconds, not noticing your train had already left. You missed it.

"That bastard really has gotten 'all flushed' spelled on my face and I missed my train..." You sighed. Sitting on the bench, waiting for the next train for its arrival. Thinking about that incident, not only made you blush in embarrassment but to also squeal on the inside.