Chapter 1

I'm on the train on my way to district 12. It's the first stop on the victory tour. Should I be excited. I'm excited to meet her sister Prim. I've heard alot of things about her. However I'm not excited to have to face the families. I know I shouldn't have won and so do they. It's sad but it's true.

Everyone in the Capitol knows me as the girl with knives now. Or the mockingjay girl. That should have been Katniss' title. She deserved it more than I did. I don't deserve any of this. I'm a bad person and don't know how to fix it. I've killed people and yeah I know everyone has but this is different. They didn't survive. I did, I'm going to have to face Marvels family after what I did to him. To be fair he deserved it. He took Rue from me.

"Hey." Cinna calls to me distracting me from my thoughts.

"Sorry, I was thinking." I respond looking back at the group.

Alot has happened in a year. It's pretty much been a year since the games. The next Reaping is in five weeks.

Effie hasn't really changed at all. She visits Haymitch in 12 quite alot. Since Katniss and Peeta's death he's gone back to drinking. Effie is trying to keep him sane. Cinna and Embry have been working together as our stylists. Enobaria and Brutus are much more comfortable to be together around us. But only around us. Brutus and Enobaria have been told by Snow that no one else is to know or else he'll kill Cato and I. I guess they see us as their kids or something like that.

I'm sitting beside a window. Effie and Cato are on either side of me. Embry and Cinna are across from us. Enobaria is sitting with the end of her legs resting on Brutus' lap. The two are playing with knives. I myself have a knife in my hand.

"So what should we do?" I ask

"About what?" Brutus asks raising an eyebrow.

"The games, the Quarter Quell. The next tributes. Everything." We sit in silence for a few seconds.

"We're here. District 12." Cinna says and we all look out the window.

The district is similar to ours. It's poorer than 1 and the Capitol except we have training centers. The only reason we get training centers is because out district manufacturers all the weapons used everywhere.

The train comes to a stop and we all get off. Effie looks extremely sad the second her feet touch the ground. Enobaria and Brutus had to look like they hated each other. Cinna and Embry just stood there. Cato and I were led onstage.

I look out at the people of district 12. Effie was supposed to give us cards but she was too preoccupied being heartbroken. I'm glad she forgot. Now I can say what I really think.

"They were great tributes. Great people, I'm sorry for what happened to them, they deserved so much better." Cato can't say much more so he steps away. I step forward up to the microphone.

"I didn't know Katniss or Peeta that well. Peeta was part of our alliance but left. Katniss sacrificed Peeta and herself to save Cato and I." I say this while looking at my feet. I look up at Katniss' family. "I'm so sorry." Tears start to fall out of eyes. "I'm shouldn't be standing here. It should be her. She deserves this more than I ever could. She always did." My breath starts to shorten.

I see the small girl jump down from the spot where Katniss' family had been standing. That must have been Prim. She runs out of a taller brown haired boys arms and runs towards me. She stops right in front of me. She must be Prim.

"I'm so sorry. I don't deserve to be here." I cry to her.

At first I think she's going to hit me but then she wraps her arms around me and gives me a hug.

"I'm sorry for how it ended. I miss her aswell and I barely knew her." I say to the small girl. I say small but she's about the same height as Rue. Slightly taller.

"Something tells me she would have liked you." Prim whispers to me.

The peacekeepers walk up and aggressively grab her away.

They start to pull her away and she starts to cry. They are hurting her arm by grabbing her. I charge at the peacekeepers.

"Don't touch her!" I scream. One of them try to hit me but Cato grabs his fist.

"Hey. Don't touch her or I will personally see to it that you get killed. By the hands of me of course." He tells him.

A fight is very clearly about to break out when Brutus runs to the stage with Enobaria and they grab the microphone.

"HEY!" Brutus shouts making everyone look up. "Don't lay a hand on the victors or Snow will have you killed. They are beloved by the Capitol do you really want their death on your hands." They let us go and are about to grab Prim when Enobaria grab the mic.

"Don't touch the girl. She knows how to walk she doesn't need your help." She glares at the peacekeeper who begrudgingly let's her go.

Prim runs back to her family and we are led inside the building. Effie comes over absolutely fuming.

"What was that, Clove?" She yells at me.

"I'm sorry Effie but they were hurting her. Hasn't she been through enough?" I ask.

"Clove what happened to you? You used to be so cold and ruthless and a great killer. Now you feel to many emotions and it's sickening, I liked you better with your walls up." Effie angrily spits. I know she's only saying that because I broke the rules but it still hurts. Maybe I should put some of my walls back up. Not all, just some.

"Oh, come on now Effie." We all turn to see a man standing in the doorway. "That's no way to talk to your victors who put on quite a show just now I must say."

"Hello Haymitch." I say to him. He probably hates Cato and I for what happened to Katniss and Peeta.

"Clove, I hope you enjoy your life before all this goes down the drain." I look at him confused and see Effie run up and drag him out of the room by his ear.

"What was that about?" I ask Brutus.

"Nothing, Clove, he's just drunk like he always is." Brutus sighs at the last part. Enobaria looks worried almost as if she was hiding something. It's probably nothing. Those are words I'm going to be telling myself quite alot.

"Come on we need to head to district 11. And Effie is going to write you cards from now on." Enobaria says as we all wall out of the room and back to the train.

Snow is going to be so mad at me. I'm supposed to be a ruthless with a tiny amount of love. Obviously he still wants me to be the killer I am but he definitely doesn't want me to break down crying. Then again I'm only fifteen almost sixteen. My birthday is in two weeks. Before the Games. The Games are taking a little longer this year to plan, since the sudden death of Seneca the head game maker. I'm sure snow killed him because he let both of us live, like I said before.

It should have been Katniss

Well here we are, the beginning of book two. Hopefully it gets good feedback. If you have any theories feel free to leave them in the comments below. I would love to read them, thanks:)
🍀Clover🍀