Chapter 4

I'm in the same room as I've been in multiple times before. This is the room where my relationship with Cato properly began. This is where I met Rue. I'm back for another stupid interview with Ceasar. I'm in the same dress as earlier today. Cato is wearing a black suit. We are about to go on stage. I hear Ceasar call our names. I step one foot onstage and the crowd starts cheering.

"Clove Kentwell and Cato Hadley the victors of the 74th Annual Hunger Games." He shouts as we walk onstage.

I have officially given up on just about everything. Snow just can't give me the happiness of seeing my sister.

We take our seats beside Ceasar and the questions begin.

Out of Cloves mind for a minute.
Brutus, Haymitch, Enobaria and Cinna are all in a room talking.

Effie and Embry decided to watch the show instead of talk.

"So when do we initiate the plan?" Cinna asks. "I originally designed these for Katniss so they might need to be made a few sizes smaller."

"Her outfit isn't the problem. Snow is. And what about Prim and Rue? We need to rescue them first then we can continue with the plan." Haymitch says as he sips his whisky.

"What about Embry, Effie and you?" Brutus says to Cinna. "You belong to the Capitol. What if you get caught?"

"We've already made that choice. We have already decided that we will take the risk." Cinna tells him.

"Okay but Haymitch you need to stop drinking or something because calling her a 'Jay' isn't helpful. She's going to find out soon if don't keep quiet." Enobaria says as she sits down on a nearby stool.

"Well what am I supposed to say to her. I need to talk to the child god damn it. And don't we want her to know. What about the boy?"

"Cato?" Brutus asks.

"No the other one." He tells them.

Just then the door is flung open and someone comes in.

"Haymitch, Brutus and Enobaria aren't wanted by Ceasar onstage."

Back to Clove

"Well, are we going to be hearing any wedding bells soon?" Ceasar asks raising an eyebrow.

"We haven't picked a date yet." Cato smiles at him as he places a hand around my waist.

"Yes, I'm sure President Snow will be planning the wedding anyway so you can get rid of any wedding questions Caesar." I tell him coldly. His eyes widen and he stares at me for a second before turning to the audience.

"Well let's hope the president knows what he's doing." Caesar told the audience.

We talk for a little longer when Caesar invites out Enobaria, Brutus and Haymitch. They all take a seat beside us. They look incredibly confused.

"Now if all five of you will please stand." We stand up and the chairs are wheeled away.

"Caesar, what's going on?" I ask him the chairs get wheeled away.

"You will find out in just a minute but may I welcome President Snow!" The audience stands up and cheers as the man with the black heart and white hair walks onstage. I feel a shiver lowly run down my spine once I see his face. I look into the audience and blink a few times. Snow approaches a microphone and says the words I never wanted to hear.