Chapter 8: You've Found A Place

cora uploading at a reasonable hour? that's new

enjoy loves :)

---

It wasn't long until everyone was back at school, and all Christmas spirit was lost. The snow was less frequent. Anne and Diana could walk to school again, and usually did. However they started doing a Friday tradition with Ruby, where they went to a coffee place before school started called the "The Lonesome Cup". They had really good coffee.

Anne would get a mocha with coconut milk, Diana got a vanilla bean frappuccino with two shots of espresso, and Ruby usually got hot chocolate. They got to catch up on everything happening in each others lives.

Well, mostly Ruby's life.

She went on a date with Jerry-Frenchie-Fry (that's what Anne and Diana liked to call him anyways), and it didn't really go too well. She felt too awkward, and he did too. Both of them were too embarrassed to end it, so they were going on another one this Saturday.

One Friday before school, Anne walked into the cafe alone. Diana and Ruby were trying to park the car, so Anne figured she would just order for them and it would be there for them when they were done. The guy at the register was having some trouble with the iPad, and she could tell he was new.

His eyes looked very kind, at least that's what Anne thought anyways. He also had a beard, and smooth, dark skin. A kindred spirit for sure.

"Hello!" She said cheerily. He took a double take, almost, when he saw her for the first time. She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad one. But he ended up smiling at her as well.

"Hello there! What's the order today." He said. Anne ordered their drinks, and afterwards, asked his name.

"Bash, my name is Bash. And you are...?"

"Anne Shirley-Cuthbert, and please be sure to spell Anne with an E" She said smiling.

"Of course Ms. Anne with an E." They both went off to do the next thing, Anne to find a table, and Bash to make their coffees.

Diana and Ruby came in, both arguing as they usually were. "What is it this time?"

"Diana said that I shouldn't lead Jerry on, and if I didn't want to go on a second date with him, I shouldn't!" Ruby crossed her arms and sat down next to Anne. Diana sat across from them.

"I mean, that is the logical thing to do Ruby." Anne said, looking at Diana.

"I don't care if it's logical, I just want someone to give a shit for once! Is that so much to ask? He just asked, and it felt so nice to be wanted." Ruby was on the verge of tears now, and Diana's face softened and she took her hand from across the table.

"Ruby, I totally understand that. Listen, if you do have good intentions with Jerry-Frenchie-Fry, then go on the date! Maybe try this time. But if you're still doing this to make Gilbert jealous, I'm not so sure it's a good idea." There was a CLASH in the back, and Anne shot up, running towards Bash, who was now frantically trying to pick up the broken coffee cup.

"Are you okay Bash?" Anne said, peering over the counter. He smiled up at her.

"Of course Ms. Anne. I'll have your coffees right out."

Anne turned to walk back to her table, wondering what had happened to make Bash drop the cup.

When they got to school, Anne opened her locker to see another piece of paper fly out of her locker. Rolling her eyes, she picked it up. The same handwriting, addressed once again to herself. She shoved it in her locker and took her books.