part eight

"—so i kissed him, because holy shit, i can't believe this fucking worked, and then i just left."

mark and jackson stared at him in slight disbelief.

"park jinyoung, you are—" "a colossal idiot" "—amazingly stupid."

"well i was expecting congrats. my plan to get my asshole boss to fall in love with me worked! i think this is cause for celebration!" jinyoung bounced once in his seat on his couch, expecting at least jackson to bounce with him.

"jinyoung, do you feel nothing?" mark asked, and jinyoung frowned.

"well after i did it i felt a squeezing around my heart that kind of prevented me from doing my work, but other than that and annoyance from jaebum not replying to my emails about his schedule, no."

jinyoung shrugged and jackson ans mark sent each other looks.

"jinyoung, ever think that what you felt was guilt for hurting jaebum? ever think you were so intent on seducing him because, i don't know, you like him?!" jackson asked.

"no i—" jinyoung paused. what he had felt when he walked in on jaebum and youngjae, the relief he had felt when jaebum said they weren't dating, how he felt when youngjae confirmed they weren't dating. how he felt when he had left jaebum there.

"oh my god," jinyoung put his face in his hands.

"oh my god i'm an idiot."

"nice for you to realize it," mark said, "now what do you want to watch tonight?"