part eight and a half

"choi youngjae how could you?!" jaebum yelled, tears running down his face when youngjae stepped into his apartment later that day.

"fuck, jaebum hyung, are you ok?" youngjae rushed into the apartment, gathering the crying jaebum in his arms.

"he kissed me, youngjae. he kissed me, told me you said i liked him, kissed me again, then left me there. he walked away smirking and called me naïve. i knew i should have just—" another wave of tears cut jaebum off.

youngjae gazed sadly at jaebum.

"i know what falling in love with people does to me. i don't know why i did it. why did i ever think he would like me back. he's right, youngjae. i am naïve. fuck, how could i do this again?"

youngjae felt guilt through him and hugged jaebum closer to his body.

"bummie hyung, you should take a day off tomorrow. stay at home. you need a break, ok? promise me?"

jaebum nodded and youngjae gave him a small smile.

"good. now, let's move to the couch. i'll grab ice cream and you can turn on anything you want."

and the two sat in jaebum's living room watching boys over flowers for the rest of the night, youngjae picking jaebum up when the older fell asleep, placing him in bed and turning off his alarms.

he hoped jaebum rested, he sure deserved it.