Chapter 1: Crowns made of Flowers

I sat by the window today feeling the warmth of whatever my mom called the sun. Humming sweetly I sat there listening to the chirp of birds and the leaves of trees. Though I didn't know what they looked like, I knew how they sounded and they were beautiful sounds. I went down the stairs and was hesitant about opening the front door. I wanted so bad to get closer to the pretty sounds but, I can't see. What if I get lost? I mean, It shouldn't hurt if I just go a little distance outside, Right? I've never been even a step outside but it is too tempting. Not giving it another thought I opened the door after feeling around for the handle and finally finding it. 

When I stepped out I felt this softness on the floor under my feet. Closing the door I layed down on the soft thing and rolled around in it. I smelled something sweet and followed the scent till I felt a small tube like thing in my hand. Touching the top I found soft velvety shapes on it. I remembered how my mother explained something like this as a flower. Soon I started gathering more and created a small flower crown. It was something I had learned to pass the time since my mom always brought flowers for me. Though I've never seen what they look like This was something I could do. 

Setting the small crown made of flowers on my head I started following different sounds I heard. Soon there was an unfamiliar sound, Yet it was also familiar. The sweet humming filled the air and all at once I felt secure and relaxed. Laying down against the soft ground I listened and listened for the longest time. The humming was a deeper tone but was gentle and soft. It stopped and a gentle tone of the deep voice was heard as whoever the voice belonged to spoke toward me. "What is a girl like you doing in the forest?". It was my first time speaking to another person so I was vague. "I live here". Of all the years I had heard my voice, I hadn't noticed how quiet it was till now. "Ah, okay. So, why aren't you running or scared? Aren't you afraid of my appearance?". "No, why should I be scared? Plus, I can't see you". I turned towards the voice in hope they would see the bandana. 

A small gasp was heard and I heard the person walk a little closer. "My name's Ticci Toby but, call me Toby for short. Nice to meet you uh?". "Amaru but, call me whatever you decide". I felt Toby grab my hand and shake it. "I think we'll be great friends Amaru". I felt myself smile at this and I took off the flower crown holding it out for him. "Here, You can have it. But, can you do me a favor?". He picked it up out of my hands and answered. "Sure, what is it?". Taking a deep breath I asked the question that I had asked so much to my mother, hoping that he would answer it. "Can you tell me and describe what the world looks like and what it's like to see?". He grabbed my hand and led me around telling me what things looked like and about what life is like. My question was finally answered and I had finally made a friend.

He stopped suddenly making me bump into him. "Sorry!". He laughed slightly and pulled me near where he was. "It's okay. Anyways, I want you to meet my family. Though it's not exactly a family, it's just a bunch of friends living together. Either way, I thought you might want to meet other people". I grabbed onto what felt like his arm. "A-Are they nice?". I heard him laugh a bit and then felt him lift me onto his back, holding my legs so I wouldn't fall. My arms were around his neck while my chin on his shoulder. "Don't worry, they won't hurt you". A small mumbling was heard. "what was that?". "Nothing anyways, You ready?". I felt him twitch periodically. "Yeah let's go". 

My life is changing so much today. But, I think that's good.