1:03 earth kills

THIRD PERSON POV17 YEARS AGO

THIRD PERSON POV
17 YEARS AGO

A small apartment in Mecha Station is no where to deliver one baby, let alone two. Marcus Kane knows this.

He stands watching his best friend holding her newborn twins, sweat coating her pale forehead. When the doctor had discovered a second embryo, Kane had made sure the information stayed between them - but now what.

"There's not much I can do without the proper equipment." Jackson explains quietly. "She's lost too much blood."

He nods glancing at the woman's husband and matching his grave expression. "Thank you, doctor." He replies dismissing the man.

"What do we do now?" Her husband asks with tears in his eyes as Jackson leaves.

"Marcus." Her weak voice cuts the tension. She looks for him. "Marcus, please."

"I'm here." He says rushing to her side and pushing the blonde strands of hair back from her face.

"Take one of them." She begs, his eyes going wide. "Please. They have to live. Both of them."

"Nora, I can't be a father." He shakes his head, avoiding the children that sleep soundly in her arms.

"Yes, you can." She smiles despite her fleeting energy. "You've been here for me my entire life, and now you will be here for my child." Silence falls over the room. The only thing anyone can hear is the soft snores of the small twins in question.

Finally, Kane lets his gaze fall on the little girl who sleeps without fear of the world she was born in. He reaches out, barely running his hand over her soft cheek and sighs.

"Promise me." Nora whispers, her eyes fluttering shut. "Promise me you'll save my baby."

He watches her chest slow while a tear rolls down his cheek. The little girl opens her eyes. Green, just like her mother.

"I promise."

ELLA'S POV
PRESENT DAY

"Boo!"

Finn glares at me but his expression when I scared him is still somewhere on his face - and incredibly satisfying. "Really, Elle. It's like, six in the morning. Don't you have better things to do than try scaring me."

"You were asking for it." I tease looking up at the slowly rising sun. "And I'm looking for Atom. He's been sleeping near Luca and I for the past couple days but he never came up last night."