1:06 his sister's keeper

ELLA'S POV10 YEARS AGO

ELLA'S POV
10 YEARS AGO

My father's smile is the only encouragement I need as I skip through the corridors of the ark.

I allow him to spin me as I look down at my new shoes. "Caden, look!" I call to my friend who stands beside us. "I told you they were perfect for dancing."

"You're right." He agrees before something new catches his eye. "Elle, look!"

Seeing a window up ahead we both run towards it. I ignore the sight of earth. It's the stars that are my favorite. I could stand here all day if not for the sudden noise behind me.

Turning around I see a woman, a boy who looks abut Cade's age, and another man all hurrying to pick up things they dropped after their collision. The man collects a few items before grumbling something and scurrying off. Without thinking I make my way to them and begin helping the two people left.

The woman stops moving and looks at me. I don't like the expression she wears. It's cold. "Don't worry about it." She snaps as I notice her son eyeing me the same way as his mother. Like they're disgusted by me.

"I was just trying to help." I explain, standing up and handing her a spool of thread she dropped.

"Ms. Blake." Dad says coming up behind me and placing a hand on my shoulder. "You seem to be in a hurry."

"Councilman Kane." She acknowledges shortly. "I have a lot of uniforms to mend."

My father looks at the things in her hand cautiously. I watch as he moves forward and pulls out a small bottle of medication she seems to have hidden under a shirt. "Penicillin." He reads before studying her again.

"Bellamy is recovering from strep." She says motioning to her son.

"He looks fine to me." Dad replies never taking his gaze from the woman. I notice how nervous the boy looks, his eyes moving from his mother to my father. It makes me uncomfortable.

"Dad." I tug on his shirt. "Can we go see Finn now?"

I seem to have snapped my father from his thoughts as he looks down at me and then back to the bottle in his hands. "Make sure you keep him from classes tomorrow." He says finally. "We don't need an outbreak."

The woman nods and accepts the medicine from him. I look at the boy one more time before my father leads me away.

THIRD PERSON POV
PRESENT DAY