1:11 the calm

ELLA'S POV

ELLA'S POV

I wake in a panic.

It's been two days since we blew the bridge and every time I fall asleep I go through it all over again. I hear the ringing in my ears. I feel the ground shake. I smell the smoke.

Bellamy sits up next to me and immediately begins brushing the hair off my face. "I'm sorry." I groan, placing my head in my hands.

"Don't be." He replies for what feels like the millionth time. I feel so selfish. He's made sure he took first watch the last couple nights knowing I wouldn't dare close my eyes until he was back. No matter how exhausted I became. "Talk to me." He says massaging back of my neck with his large hand. I close my eyes peacefully as my tense muscles unwind. "Tell me about it."

"I can't, Bell." I shake my head before looking over at his tired eyes. It's obvious he needs all the sleep he can get.

"Yes, you can." He says placing a kiss to the side of my head and staying close, eyes scanning over my face as if he can see the invisible wounds my mind inflicts on me.

"I wasn't scared." I whisper, a tear rolling down my flushed cheek. He wipes it away. "I wasn't scared when the bomb went off. It was actually really pretty up close - the smoke and the ash. It was like being on the ark again and seeing the stars out the windows."

He nods, encouraging me to continue and hanging on every word. "But-" I feel my lip start to tremble so I take it between my teeth, forcing the tears back down. I begin spinning the ring on my finger habitually. "But since then when I fall asleep I just keep seeing you on the bridge. You and Luca and Finn - and my dad."

I can't help it. I'm crying before I even realize it. For the next few minutes the only sounds in the tent are my sobs and Bellamy's quiet words of comfort. Even the wind in the trees stops to watch me in pity as I give into weakness. He doesn't really say anything. There's no pep talk about how it's all going to be okay. He doesn't try to tell me I'll feel better in the morning.

Instead, he lays down on his side, taking me with him and pulling my back flush against his chest. His arms wrap so tightly around me it's like he's trying to physically put me back together. Somehow, just by feeling him here, the weight on my chest lifts.

I fall back asleep without any hesitation.

THIRD PERSON POV

Raven's eyes only flick to her for a second, but that's all she needs to see.

"You look like hell." She comments before looking back to her work table