1:07 contents under pressure

THIRD PERSON POV2 YEARS AGO

THIRD PERSON POV
2 YEARS AGO

Bellamy's heart skips when he notices her in the corridor. Just like always.

Up head, Ella hasn't seen him yet and continues reading the book while Finn guides her through the crowed hall. "There's no way you're going to finish that chapter in five minutes."

"I can try." She says as he tugs her to the right, dodging oncoming traffic. She continues to speak but Finn doesn't hear it having noticed Bellamy walking towards them.

"Your boyfriends coming this way." He teases, pulling her focus away from the book for the first time since they left home.

The second her eyes land on him, he looks up. She looks away. "Finn, I really need to get to class."

"Mhm." Her brother hums. "You could talk to him you know."

Ella shakes her head. "No way." She says continuing to skim the words on the page. "He doesn't even know I exist."

"Then why does he always stare?" Finn raises a brow.

"He doesn't." Ella snaps, a blush creeping up her face. "Can you just drop it, please."

Finn looks up dramatically as if he's thinking. "Nope." He says before shoving Ella to the side. She collides with someone, dropping her book in the process.

"Finn!" She scolds as she watches him speed away. "I'm so sorry-"

The apology falls short when she notices who she slammed into. "It's okay." Bellamy says looking over her face.

For a moment, it feels like longer, they just stand there until he realizes his hands are still on her waist and hers on his chest. Suddenly, the people in the hall come back into focus. He coughs awkwardly and backs away, reaching down to pick up the book she dropped.

"The Iliad." He reads the cover.

She nods. "Greek unit is my favorite."

"I prefer the Romans." He says handing her back the book.

"Thanks." She says taking another second to let her gaze wander over his face. "For catching me too. If you hadn't I probably would've died from embarrassment.

"Any time." He smirks at her soft laugh and she nods finally turning to leave. Trying desperately to ignore the heat on her skin from where his hands were.