1:08 day trip

ELLA'S POV

ELLA'S POV

"Dad?"

It just doesn't seem real. I swear I'd begun to forget what he looks like outside of the nightmares I have of losing him. But there he is, right in front of me on the monitor.

"Ella." He breathes, almost like he can't believe it himself. I watch his eyes scan over the entirety of my face behind the screen, no doubt noticing the gash on my forehead from when I fell.

"Hi dad." I say feeling small tears at the back of my eyes.

"Hi Ellie." He smiles briefly, worry still evident in his features. "You're on the ground."

"I am."

"You're alive."

"I am."

"Thank god." He whispers. "I suppose I have your brother to thank for that."

"Among other people." I admit keeping Bellamy's name out of the equation for now. As much as I hate it Bell is still a fugitive and knowing my father, it's probably best not to say anything. I haven't seen my dad in weeks, I don't want this happy moment to turn into an argument.

"I don't have long, Ella." He says making my heart sink. "There's a lot of parents lined up out there and the council wants to meet with Clarke."

"I understand." I nod with a small smile that doesn't quite reach my eyes.

"I'll be down there soon." He assures me, noticing the discouragement I try to hide. "I won't be on the first drop ship, but I'll make it down there."

"Why won't you be on the first drop ship?" I ask nervously.

"The chancellor and I plan on waiting until we're sure everyone is accounted for. We don't want to lose anyone in the excitement." He explains.

"Oh." I say looking down. "Okay."

"I'll only be a day behind." He says before something behind him catches his attention. "I have to go, Ella. Would you mind getting Clarke for us?"

"Of course." I smile reaching to take the headset off.

"I love you." He says making me stop. "To the moon."

"Love you to the moon." I return actually smiling then fully removing the headset.

Exiting the tent I look around to find Clarke, pulling my jacket tighter around my body when I do. Fall is most definitely here, winter hurrying behind it. The sky is grey today which doesn't make finding Clarke any easier considering everything looks dim against it.