Chapter 4

[A/N- i had a great portion of this chapter done and i was working on it but then it got deleted. :/ ugh so this might not be very long or great.]

I spent all Saturday being excited for the concert. Since it was a chilly day, I was dressed in ripped jeans, a black daisy crop top, and my black combat boots. My hair was curled, and my makeup was smokey.

Honestly, I looked kinda good. I mean, definitely not hot, because I couldn't pull that off. I just looked better than usual.

I heard a knock at the door, and I practically ran to it, grabbing my phone and purse on the way. I opened the door to reveal Zach with a wide smile on his face. I leaned against the doorframe and said teasingly, "yyyyyeeeessss?" He chuckled and said, "Ready to go?" I nodded and locked the door behind me. "By the way, you look really, really good." He said before walking to the driver's side.

I got in the car, stunned. "Ready to start this night?" Zach said, grinning at me. I shook off his comment and said, "Hell yeah!"

~*~

"That was amazing!" I said, giggling. He laughed his goofy laugh as we walked to his car. The concert was great, and having front row seats made it so much better.

"Hey let's go find a diner." I suggested and he grinned. We pulled up at this diner downtown and found a booth inside. We joked with each other until a pretty blonde came up to us. "Hi I'm Monica and I'll be your waitress. How can I help y'all?" She smiled at Zach. "We'll have a pepperoni pizza and 2 chocolate milkshakes." Zach smiled politely. "Okay I'll be right back with your shakes, hun." She smiled again and walked off. "I hate country twangs..." I mumbled when she was out of earshot. "Is Ireland... jealous?!" Zach asked before bursting into a fit of hysterical laughter. I glared at him and put up my middle finger. This only made him laugh harder.

"O-okay, okay." Zach said, trying to calm down.

We finished our meal and Monica came back so we could pay. "Here's the bill..." she trailed off as she handed it to Zach, and walked away. Zach's eyes widen as he looked at it. I took it and looked at it. I could feel my mouth drop open. "Are you serious." I huffed. Monica wrote her number saying, "call me."

I looked up at Zach and he chuckled. "Trust me Ireland, I'm not going to call her. I've already got someone in mind." Zach's eyes twinkled at the end. I decided to ignore it as he paid and we left.

"Come in for a drink?" I ask, opening my door wide open. It was 11:30 by the time Zach took me home. He smiled and said, "Sure, why not." And followed me inside. He plopped on my couch as I walked to my fridge and got out two cans of beer. I pressed one in his hand and sat down beside him. He opened his, took a drink, and looked at me. "I didn't think you were a beer drinker." He said before taking another sip.

I turned on the TV and took a drink, "sometimes I am." I say. We sit there, watching some movie and finishing our beer.

It was a great finish to a great night.