Day 5- Arachnophobia

"Where'd she go?" Madison asked in awe. Solomon kicked the banister, cracking it in half. "She is barely human," he growled. "Maybe she can not even be killed."

Corbin grabbed the crossbow and sighed. "Will we ever get out of here?" he wondered out loud.

Madison laughed, short and mocking. "There is no way in the devil's playground that I'm staying here forever."

"You won't stay here forever," Corbin said. "You'll be killed in a week."

Madison ignored him and said, "What else do we need to find?"

"A key to the padlock," Becca said. "That's all we're missing."

"We have Iris's key now," Corbin said, pulling it from his pocket. "Let's try there first."

They arrived in the attic, the faint sound of wind from outside crawling into their ears. Corbin blinked and shook his head. "How did she..."

It wasn't there before but now there was a slim doorway on the other side of the room. They walked to it, the only one not amazed was Madison.

Corbin reached forward and put the key into the funny lock and turned. The door slid open, screeching as it did so. They all cringed and looked at the doorway.

"Did Granny hear that?" Becca breathed.

"We can't take any risks," Corbin said and jumped into the large chest against the wall. Solomon and Becca joined them.

"Where do I go?" Madison cried. They all pointed to the open vent, the one Corbin fell through into the bathroom from. She ran to it and ducked in.

She took a minute but Granny did come. She came up the stairs slowly and scanned the room. Her eyes fell on the freshly open door. She chuckled and walked to it.

"No!" Corbin said under his breath. Becca nudged him.

Granny was upstairs for several minutes before she came down, happier than when she kills a kid. She went down the stairs and Corbin climbed out of the chest to watch her from the hole in the floor. She went down into the basement.

"Let's go," Corbin said, gesturing to everyone hiding. They all followed to the door. There was a musty smell coming from it. Corbin took a step in the dark and his foot hit stairs.

"Careful, there are stairs," he warned. He continued, carefully with one foot after another. There was a faint light coming from the top. Corbin stepped up and there were no more stairs. The light was coming from a wooden thing in the corner of the room that looked like a dog house. There was a soft chittering coming from it.

Madison stepped forward to look around the room but Corbin stopped her. "Don't move," he said, "We don't know what's going to happen."

"Oh, please," she grumbled and pushed past him.

"Well," Solomon said, "That's one way to figure out the dangers of a room."

"Send a guinea pig," Becca said, shaking her head.

Madison walked around by the wall on her left. She crouched down to look at something. "It's a plate," she said. She ran a finger down and pulled back quickly. "It's greasy!" She stood up and wandered to the doghouse thing.

"What is in there?!" she shrieked. Corbin leaned forward to see what she was talking about. He screamed and jumped back as a spider bigger than a dinner plate jumped out at Madison. She screamed as it mailed her, tearing bits of flesh off her arms.

Corbin rushed to her but Becca and Solomon held him back. "It'll get you too," she said. They watched in horror as the spider sank long fangs into Madison's shoulder. She cried out but suddenly was silent. She went limp. The spider chittered then scurried back into its house.