Epilogue

They drove for only a few minutes before the old car began to shake and choke. "Uh oh," Tobias said. He urged the car to go a little farther but to no avail. The car died.

"Now what?" Madison asked. Tobias sighed and laid his head on the steering wheel. "I don't know," he muttered.

Becca looked out the window. "That's the main road!" she exclaimed. Everyone's heads shot up. A sped past.

All the doors flew open on the old car stolen from the garage. The four teenagers booked it to the road, arms waving. "Hey!" they all screamed. The car was long gone.

"What about the... bodies?" Miranda asked. "They might make it hard to convince someone to give us a ride."

"We'll get them to let us use their phone," Becca said. "We'll call the police and tell them what happened."

They stood in the road for nearly an hour before a car came by again. It had started to drizzle.

"Stop!" they cried at the top of their lungs. They waved their hands frantically. The car slowed to a stop at the side of the road. A man got out. Tobias could see the man's wife in the passenger side.

Madison ran to the man. "Thank you so much, she said.

"Are you alright?" the man asked. Madison shook her head. "We're kidnapped a few days ago. We just escaped. Can we use your phone to call the police?"

The man gestured to his car. "I can just give you a ride to the station."

Madison smiled but shook her head. "We're dirty and bleeding. We don't want to ruin your car or scare your children."

Tobias squinted at the back seat and could see a kid pressing his face against the window.

"Okay," the man said, obviously shocked at their situation. "Okay. Let me get my cell." He turned and dig around in the car then whispered to his wife. He turned around, hand holding the phone. He pulled the hood on of his jacket and called 911.

"Hello? I'm on the Jasper Town Highway, a ways down through the forest. Four teens were on the side of the road. Yes, they're alive but they say they've just been kidnapped and escaped."

"They 'say?'" Miranda whispered, annoyed.

"They're injured. They requested a police car to get them back into town." The man covered the mouthpiece. "What are your names?" he asked.

"Tobias Jameson." The man relayed the name and did the same with the remaining three.

"Becca Li."

"Madison Partridge."

"Miranda Hunter."

The man talked for a second more then hung up. "The police are coming to take you to the station," he said.

"Thank you so much!" Madison said.

"You've saved our lives," Becca said humbly.

The man smiled. "Just doing what I can. I'm Kevin, by the way. That's my wife Kylie. My kids Hyrum and Teancum are in the car."

Madison raised an eyebrow. "Interesting... names." Kevin laughed. "Kylie's ideas. Are you sure you don't want to at least wait in the car?"

"We have one we fixed up and escaped with," Tobias said, a thumb jutting in the general direction. Kevin's eyes widened. "You guys stole a car?"

"To escape," Miranda said. "It was either that or be killed by a cannibalistic grandma."

Becca hushed her. Kevin's mouth dropped. "Are you guys alright?"