Lucius

*9 hours before*

Devyn's been acting really weird, but every time I ask her what's wrong, she says it's nothing and changes the subject. There's definitely something going on and it's driving me crazy that she won't tell me. Have I not proved she can trust me?

"Honey, why don't you go hunting with the rest of the boys?" I turn to my mother and give her the are-you-kidding-look and she quickly continues. "I'll be here to watch Devyn. Plus, it will give us a ladies day." I roll my eyes, but after a minute I sigh and give in. My mom's been begging to hang out with Devyn and since she won't talk to me, maybe she'll talk to my mother. I head upstairs to change and find Devyn laying across out bed, reading her Econ textbook and taking notes. I can't help the smile that forms on my lips. She truly is beautiful. She doesn't have to try.

"Hey beautiful." I walk up to her and kiss the side of her head before walking over to my closet. I hear her sit up and I know she's facing me. I peer over my shoulder and find her smiling at me. I smirk and she rolls her eyes. "My mom wants to have a ladies day with you, so I'm going to hunting with Spar and my brothers." I grab a shirt and my jacket before heading over to the bed. I can tell she's upset, but she's also nervous. Very nervous. "What's wrong?" She doesn't look at me and I sigh. Not this again. I kneel down in front of her but she turns her head to the side ignoring me. I lift my hand and gently turn her face to me. "I don't know what's going on but it's going to be okay. I'm not going anywhere." She rolls her eyes.

"Says the boy who's leaving to go hunting." I scuff as a smirk plays on my lips. I quickly push her back on the bed and lay next to her. She lets out a squeal of surprise and I can't help but laugh. She has no idea how beautiful she is.

"I'll be back before you know it." I lean down and kiss her forehead. "You'll have so much fun with my mom, you won't even notice I'm gone." I kiss her cheek, her eyes fluttering closed. "You can't get rid of me that easy." I kiss the side of her mouth and she sighs.

"You don't play fair," she huffs, her eyes still closed.

"Where's the fun in that?" I whisper in her ear before kissing her shoulder. She lets out a small moan and I smirk. She groans pushing me away, sitting up. She glares at me, but her eyes twinkle with mischief. I lean back and put my arms behind my head, a smile on my lips.

"Don't you act all innocent now, Lucius."

"What? I didn't do anything," I say, feigning innocence. I close my eyes and wait for her to make the next move. She tries to move quietly, but I knew from the very start what she would do. She quickly straddles me, her hands next to my head. I keep my eyes closed and smirk. She leans down until our bodies are flush together, her lips next to my ear.

"Be careful Lucius." I can't help the goosebumps that form on my arms. "I can easily fight fire with fire." She grabs my earlobe between her teeth and pulls gently. I try to hold back, but a soft moan escapes my lips and I sigh, giving in. I feel her smirk against my neck before placing a soft kiss on my jaw. "Have fun hunting." She quickly jumps off me, giggling as she leaves my room. She is something else.

*7 hours before*

"What do you think they've been doing all day?" Nik asks from the backseat. He's been listing off ideas this entire trip.

"Why don't you ask them when we get home?" Spar asks, his words dripping with annoyance. Nik huffs in the backseat but remains quiet. I'm about to sigh in relief when I get a text message. Devyn's name pops up and I smile, but that quickly fades when I read what she sent.

I don't think I can do this. You have your whole life ahead of you and I'm just going to hold you back.

What the hell is she talking about? I quickly respond with the first question that pops into my mind: Are you breaking up with me?