Devyn Part 2

Two months ago if you told me I would fall for a werewolf, lose contact with my father, and start living with a family of werewolves; I would have said you were crazy. My life has never been simple, but to wake up next to a kind-hearted man is the cherry on top of a perfect life. Every day we grow closer, not in the physical sense although that's certainly true too. We still haven't rekindled that flame yet, but I still can't help but think what the future will bring. Lucius has resurrected the old Devyn Fredericks and I couldn't be happier. I'm no longer the determined, reserved, intimidating Devyn of seven years running, but instead I'm back to the down to earth, spontaneous, still intimidating, but in a different way Devyn of probably a month now. Jess cried when first she saw me. She ran up to me and wouldn't let me go until the warning bell went off. And even then, every time I saw her she would run up to me and start crying. Apparently she has missed me, the real me more than she ever let on. It made me cry at first, but as the day goes on, I find it slightly annoying. I mean, I actually had to hide in the bathroom most of the time.

"What are you smiling about?" I look up to see Kat standing at the head of the dining room table. I'm beyond embarrassed, but I've never lied to her, so I'm not about to start now. I take a deep breath and tell her what's on my mind.

"I was thinking about Jess and how surprised she was to see me back to my old self." Kat smiles and walks over to me.

"Do you mind?"

"No, not at all," I say as Kat pulls the chair out and sits facing me, setting her mug down on the table.

"What's on your mind, honey?" I can't help but smile. I love it when she uses pet names instead of my real name. It makes me feel like I'm really home.

"When did you know you were in love with Spar?" Kat's eyes widen, but the smile that appears on her face is un-mistakable.

"The first time I saw him, I felt like a fire had ignited within me." Her face grew bright as she re-lived her past and I think back to when I first saw Lucius. I remember how nervous I became, but back then I didn't think much of it. "He was a gentleman and he asked me to dinner, but I refused. I had my boys to worry about and take care of, but of course Lucius saw the whole thing." She looks back at me. "He has always been more observant than his brothers. He told me that I needed to do something for myself for a change and even though I refused, he contacted Spar himself and surprised me with a date." I smile. That sounds just like Lucius. "Within hours I knew I liked him, but within months I knew I loved him. He was what made me get up every morning and my boys saw the changes and encouraged me to tell him." Her face grows red. I didn't even think that was possible. "He joined us all for dinner one night and Lucius asked him what his intentions were with his mother and that's when Spar got down on one knee and asked me to marry him." I can't help but grin like a crazy person. I chuckle at the dinner part. "So I guess to only be fair..." She pauses, her eyes locking with mine and my stomach sinks. The way she's looking at me makes me insanely nervous. "You love him." Blunt and to the point. She doesn't waste time in stating the obvious.

"Yes." I shrug with a small smile and then sigh. I don't think I'll ever have the guts to tell him, but that's exactly what she tells me to do. I'm in a panic, but once she gets me calmed down, she helps me plan out the entire thing: how, when, and where I 'm going to tell him. Lucius is going to have more than one surprise that night if everything goes according to plan.

* * *

Holy shit I'm going to die. I change my mind I don't want to tell him anymore. If he ever feels like it he'll tell me, right? I thought it was the man who needed to make the first move. How do they do it? This is terrifying. I'm literally hyperventilating in the bathroom right now. They all left early this morning to hunt, leaving me alone in the house to fucking panic. I'm going to kill Kat. She did this to me. She made me an emotional nervous wreck. Oh shit, he's going to know. My heart is thumping so loud in my ears, it would be a miracle if they all can't hear it right now. I have to hurry. I have to text him after I'm already gone. Oh god he's going to be so pissed.