Epilogue

Varda walked swiftly and silently through Taniquetil until she walked up to where her husband sat on his throne, his far-seeing eyes staring into the deep distances. 

"Manwë." She greeted him, dipping her head in respect. 

"Varda, my love. Is something troubling you?"

"I have a request."

"Ask it," he replied simply. 

"I would, but I fear it cannot be granted."

Manwë stared at her curiously, his grey eyes confused. "What do you mean?"

"I wish to ask Mandos to release to me three persons in his halls, three persons who have gone through the most unbelievable of horrors, and yet they remained faithful to us and do not deserve the fate they have been given."

"I have no power over this, though I know of whom you speak. Go to Mandos and ask it of him, saying that I wish it also."

Varda bowed gratefully and smiled at her husband before leaving, gradually descending to the grey halls were silence and the ghostly remains of dead beings haunted its many corridors. 

She found the great hall where Mandos sat upon a grey throne, dark and brooding as everything else. 

"Varda, what brings you here?"

She said nothing, much to his amazement. Instead, she knelt before him and withdrew the small harp she carried with her. 

Then she began to sing, and such a song for all its sadness has no equal, save that of Nirnaeth Arnoediad. 

Mandos listened to the song, a song of faithful lovers estranged and then reunited, only to suffer through the most unimaginable tragedies, and two tears escaped from his emotionless being, so moved was he by the tragic tale. 

When she finished, he asked of her, "Of whose tale was that?"

"Finrod, Amarië, and their unborn child. I wish you to release them to Valinor to live together until The End. Will you let them go?"

Mandos looked at her for a long time before responding. 

"Aye."

Finrod walked with Finarfin, his father, beneath the trees of Valinor, speaking with him of the ages that had passed since they had last been together

"Finrod!" A joyful voice interrupted them, and the individual mentioned glanced up, only to break into smile. 

"Amarië!" he called, running to his wife and embracing her tightly, kissing her, before taking up the elleth-child she was carrying and kissing her as well. 

"Finrod, 'tis so good to be back."

"I couldn't agree more," he responded, placing his forehead on hers. "The Valar have been good to us." He ran her fingers through her hair, now returned to its original golden color. "I love you," he whispered into her ear, his breath tickling her. 

"I love you too, Finrod," she responded, still smiling. 

He bent and kissed her mouth, while their child cooed in delight. 

Indeed, they were very blessed. 

And so ends the tale of Finrod and Amarië

And so ends the tale of Finrod and Amarië. Together, they lived in joy and love, reunited at long last, until the very End of days. 

For love unending

Beauty unfading

Grace e'er shining

Their paths brought them again

Together forever

To live in Valinor

Until the world's end.

----------------------------------

And on the hilltop still they stand,

Over-looking the great, wide land

Ever onward till end of days

When the sun last shines her rays

And the stars fade away

Never to shine at end of day

For it is a song of new beginnings.

------------------------------------------