Stuck in Salt water Chapter 11

After breakfast, we all headed for our dorms to get ready for class. Dylan had to leave early cause she had some business to work out so she didn't get to ride back to the dormitories with us. In the van I finally got a chance to open my phone and saw texts from Kevin; it wasn't even a lot like I expected which was...weird.
(Kevin: "Whatever's going on in your life right now...I hope you get through it.")
And that's the last text he sent me. I wonder if it was okay to give away my secret to a friend. Wait, No! That's stupid crazy! No! What am I thinking! And beside me, Me and Kevin are not even that close..so. I closed my phone and let out a big sigh. Looking out the autumn tree leaves falling down and houses that are getting ready for the fall festivities. Kevin is just a friend that cares alot...its not annoying or anything. Then i got an idea and took out my phone to text Kevin.
(Hey good morning! I was thinking maybe after class we can go to the Woonway park on campus to talk..idk😅If you're up for it)
Then he answered back quickly which shocked me a bit.
(😄Are you kidding? Of course Jamie! I also want to talk to you about something as well...
I will bring donuts and hot chocolate! See ya there✌)
I smiled a little for the rest of the way back. I even forgot about how exhausted I was. It felt good to finally let loose and hang out with...the norm. I mean, honestly...my whole week has been a bit too much. I know it makes me sound lazy but finding out that your a mermaid and you have to go through so much stuff is a lot to take in. The Classes were long and boring; I yawned and even got 5 minutes of sleep before my professor slammed a textbook on my desk and I was a laughing stock. "Jamie Oliver! You know not to sleep in class! This isn't high school anymore!" The professor yelled. Diana placed her hand gently on top of the textbook to grab the professors attention. "Sorry, about Jamie Mrs.Lockwood but last night we were up studying for your class that's why she's so tired." Diana smiled nicely.    

Mrs.Lockwood pushed up her glasses and stood upwards. "Then why aren't you sleepy as well?" she asked. Dylan walked in and overheard what was going on. She cut in just in time and slammed a large can of Monster in front of Diana. "I heard you needed this? :)" Dylan smirked. Diana giggled and picked up the can and started to drink up. Mrs.Lockwood let out a little cough and turned away to go back to teaching. I rubbed my eyes and smiled at the two misfits. "Thanks for saving me, you guys.." I said. Diana patted my back and Dylan gave me a warm smile. Diana elbowed me and laughed "After all that studying we did we deserve a day off" she says jokingly. "I don't have enough potion's to help Amber. We need to go see an old friend of mine. Her name is Jade she leaves nearby; sadly she doesn't go here anymore. Well...she ignores me altogether. Heh.." Dylan said sitting in Ambers spot. 

Fiddling with my hair and taking down notes I remember that I have to meet up with Kevin later.  "I can't come with you guys. I have to go see Kevin after school; he has something important to say." Diana's happy expression changed into something more..stressed and worried. She quickly answered back "You sure you don't wanna come? I mean..Amber might be suffering right now." She says trying to come up with an excuse. Dylan shook her head in disagreement. "She'll be fine Dee. Gosh, your acting as if she's about to die." 

Diana gave Dylan a disgusted look and faced her focus back on me. She tried to figure out what to say but nothing came out. So she just stared at me in defeat. Hoping that I choose to go with her. "Why do you want her to tag along so bad?" Dylan mumbled under her breath but I  heard it. I didn't argue and took out my phone to text Kevin that I can't make it. Since I got here I never understood why Diana and Kevin hate each other. Is Diana trying to keep me away from Kevin? Why? "Why don't you want me to go see Kevin? Is something wrong" I asked Diana with a concerned tone of voice. Diana looked surprised and played it off as if it was nothing. "H..huh? Oh. Oh! its nothing....everything's fine." 

Diana opened her notebook and started writing from the lecture that was going on in the background. When I looked away Diana took her perfectly beautiful blonde hair and covered her face from embarrassment. The class bell rang and all the students got up to go to there next class. As soon as people started to walk out the door. Kevin walked into the room and sqeezed himself through the crowd. Diana picked up her bag and text book and was ready to leave. "Kevin?" I said surprised. "You cant get rid of me that easily" he says and ran and took my wrist. "Excuse me but she's coming with us. We have important business to attend to." Diana says. Kevin groaned and rolled his eyes annoying.
"You guys can paint each others nails later 😐." Kevin and I walked away. Diana looked at the professor's desk. Her bottle of water was opened and noone was around. Diana lift her hand and started to water bend. Dylan took her arm and shook her head shamelessly. "Don't it isnt worth it. Just let her go. Plus Kevin is Jamie's friend..not yours so you cant control who she can be friends with and who cannot. 😕" Dylan says in a comforting tone of voice.
😧Diana sighed "Your right. Lets go see this Jade girl you were talking about."