a

she walks silently behind him, her hands glued to the side. she has been to his house many times, yet why is it now that her heart is pounding against her chest, desperately trying to find a way out?

her eyes waver towards his figure. since when did he got taller? it was still a few months ago that she was teasing him about him being shorter than her.

her mouth agape open, unable to call out for his name. how long will it take? for her to muster up her courage to let him know about her feelings.

she was scared.

she didn't want her confession to ruin their seventeen years of friendship. no, she mustn't.

friends, is probably the only thing going inside the aloof's boy mind. yoongi never really bothered about this thing called 'love' , he doesn't have to.

he was too busy for that. love is a bothersome thing and would mostly result in heart breakings so why should he even bother?

"we're here," yoongi calls out, waving a hand in front of her face. she snapped out from her thoughts and gave a weak smile before slowly entering his apartment.

it was small, but cozy at the same time. his parents had recently moved to japan to expand their business and yoongi had decided to stay in korea to continue on his studies.

in a few years' time, he would eventually leave her and find someone else whom he would love more than anyone in the world ( or anything ) and when that time comes, she hope her feelings for him will completely disappear.

he heads into the kitchen, "do you want orange or mango juice?"

"water is fine!" she shout back, heading into his music studio.

it was the same as ever, sheets and sheets of scribbled up notes and crumpled up papers were all around the small room, either hanging on the wall or scattered on the ground.

she crouch down, picking up the sheet of music nearest to her.

seesaw?

"don't touch it," he snatched the sheet of paper away from her hands, crumpling it up, he threw it into the bin. "it's not important anyways."

she grit her teeth, wanting to voice out her inner thoughts.

who was that song for?

yoongi had always produced songs from people or things that are of importance to him ever since he grew an interest in music.

he's amazing, really. how they're of the same age yet he was moving on further ahead in a clear path, his chin held high as he moves forward to his dream career - a music producer. while she's left behind, hopelessly trailing after him hoping to reach out to him but is only able to stay behind him, covered by his shadow.

she peeks over his shoulder, her eyes landing on the piano at the corner.

"may i?" she says. though it wasn't much since she went on ahead without his permission.

she took a deep breath, knowing very well that she may mess up considering how she had stopped taking lessons at the age of 12, when she found out that she could never be as wonderful as yoongi whenever he played the piano.

they were of different levels, and she knows that more better than anyone else would.

she closes her eyes, scanning in he mind for a piece to play; chopin spring waltz.

it was difficult, a piece that she would always mess up whenever she had lessons with her teacher, the very piece that made her found out that she wasn't as good as the prodigy min yoongi.

but it was different.

it started off slow, with her fingers trembling. but soon after, it gets quicker and quicker, her fingers swiftly moving across each notes. the notes which she once stumbled upon glide easily along her fingers. it wasn't as harshly played as to when she was younger, it wasn't as impactful. but she was more sure than before.

she lets out an air, before realising that she had an audience watching her.

she was too indulged in the music itself that she had forgotten that he was watching her.

a smile plastered on his face, "and you said you didn't want to play the piano anymore." he ruffled her hair.

"you did great."

her temperature rises up, her hands instinctively covering her bright - red face.

"i-i'm not as good as you," she mumbles. ".. everyone says so."

he squats down, his hands moving her fringe out of the way, their eyes locked.

"there's no reason to doubt yourself because some strangers think you're not good enough." he says softly.

"you're perfect just the way you are,"