The Newest Duelist

Domino City

The sun sets over a glistening sea, seagulls chrip in the distance and couples walk along the sandy beach. Life is peaceful.

BOOM!!

...Aside from the occansional explosion of a duel. Let's go over and take a look, shall we?

"Face it Alan! You're toast!" laughed one of the duelists, a tall boy, with short, cropped brown hair. "While I've still got cards in my deck, I'm still in it!, came the reply from the other duelist, a shorter boy with blonde hair. "It's my turn anyway! I draw!" Alan drew from his deck.

Alan LP: 700

Peter LP: 2400

"I'll activate my spell card Shard of Greed's effect! Now I can draw two cards from my deck!" Alan drew two more cards and looked at his hand. "Not good enough of a hand, I gotta try something risky!" Alan thought to himself. "I'll summon Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks in ATK Mode!". A small fire appeared on the field, that quicky swirled around and transformed into a small red dragon.

Burner let out a small roar of excitement and took his position on the battlefield, (Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks: ATK: 1000, DEF: 200).

"I'll set two cards face down and end. On to you." Alan lay two cards facedown, hopefully they would be enough to prevent any attacks made on his dragon.

"Then it's time for me to end this duel and take your deck! I draw!" Peter triumphantly drew a card from his deck, looked at it and grinned evilly. "I summon Giant Orc in ATK mode!" The ground rumbled and shook as a Giant Orc rushed onto the field, it's club dragging behind itself. (Giant Orc: ATK: 2200, DEF: 0). "Now I attack! Go Giant Orc! Smash that tiny dragon into pieces!" The Giant Orc hefted it's club above it's head and swung down, aiming for the small dragon that flew up to him in defiance.

"I'll activate my trap! Negate Attack!" A shield appeared infront of Burner, protecting him from the Giant's club. "Cheap move, I'll end!" Peter ground his teeth together in anger. "I draw!" Alan drew and looked at his hand. "I'll activate the spell card Double Summon!" Alan placed a card on the field, and two tubes appeared behind him, "With my first Summon, I'll play Flamvell Guard in DEF mode!" A firey ring appeared on the field, the fire rose up and when it died down, a dragonlike creature was there.

Flamvell Guard let out a roar and covered Burner in order to better protect him. (Flamvell Guard: ATK: 100, DEF: 2000).

"Next, I'll tribute them both!" Alan threw his hand out and pointed at Burner and Flamvell as a massive fire pillar covered them both. "King of Fire, Ruler of Infernos, here's one of my ace cards! I tribute summon Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos!" The fire pillar disappeared to reveal a giant red dragon with molten wings.

Blaster let out a mighty roar and prepared for battle. (Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos: ATK: 2800, DEF: 1800).

Peter took a step back in shock and fear, a giant dragon against a giant orc, and his monster would not come out the victor.

"Blaster, Attack! Raging Inferno Blast!" Blaster took a giant breath and released a torrent of dragonfire, torching the Giant Orc and singeing Peter.

Peter LP: 1800

"I'll get you for that!" Peter was raging now. "Not likely, I end!" Alan smiled, the duel was now turning in his favor.

"I draw!" Peter looked at his cards, nothing good enough to take on Blaster without serious damage to himself. "Grr, I'll set a card and end my turn!" Peter set a card and hoped for the best. "This is the end! I draw, now Blaster, attack directly and end this duel! Raging Inferno Blast!" Blaster let out a mighty roar and shot out a giant fireball towards Peter, who was scrambling to find cover.

The fireball connected with Peter, sending him flying into a mound of sand nearby.

Peter LP: 0

Winner: Alan.

 Blaster faded away, as did the rest of the cards. Alan smirked, "That's game!" He triumphantly cheered. Peter pulled his head out of the sand and faced Alan. "This isn't over shrimp, I'll get you next time!" Alan laughed as Peter ran off.