4. "Hello"

Why to do things on time when I can do them 24h before the actual deadine? That pretty sums up my life in the last few months. I barely have time for myself and if I have it, I spend it sleeping.

Right now, I am finishing my application for Adidas project . It is one of a kind chance to show your work and to get a chance to work for the biggest company in the world. I filled the last detail in application and started to read it all over again, just to make sure everything is perfect.

I read it like 3 or 4 times until I decided that it's time for me to press send. I never felt nervous like this, I barely had strenght to press that damn button. When I did, I felt as if I started to breath again.

I closed my Macbook and layed on my bed, hoping that everything will be fine. Sleep slowly started to catch my eyes, but the sound of my phone brought me back. I lazyly reached over to the nightstand.

Mom: Are you coming tomorrow? Love you xx

Oh shit, I totally forgot that my mom called me over to Birmingham to come since we haven't saw each other for a solid month. She told me to call her if something comes in my way, but I totally forgot.

I quickly typed back to her. Coming! Don't worry. Love you too xx.

Great, now I have to pack my things. I sighed as I got up and took my suitcase. Throwing things inside is what I call packing. I almost finished my "packing" when my phone made sound again.

Mom: Come earlier  because our friends will be here for lunch. Good night xx.

Once again great, because now I have to wake up earlier and have to deal with friends of my parents. Great just, great.

Somehow I felt asleep but it felt as if I slept for 10 minutes. When alarm started to ring, I had a feeling as if someone was trying to take my heart from my body. I got up and made my way to the car. The ride was filled with different music because otherwise I would end up falling asleep and killing myself.

When I saw my parents house, I felt as I was driving for 24 hours, not barely 3 hours. I parked my car, just to see car that didn't belong to my parents. I took my stuff and walked to the house.

I didn't want to ring a bell so instead I opened with my keys and as soon as I entered I smelled my mom's famous apple pie which is my favorite. Sometimes, I truly miss home and when I say home, I think of mom, dad and lazy days when we were just joking and times when the air was filled with the smell of apple pies.

It didn't took long for my mom to realise that I came in the house. As soon as she saw me, she ran towards me and crushed me with the hug. Dad followed her action too.

"We missed you baby girl." My mom said as she looked at me.
"I missed you too guys." I said as I brought them in another hug.
"Had a nice drive?" Dad asked as he knows how much I love to drive. I didn't want to start about how tired I actually was, so I just nodded.
"Come here. We want you to meet our friends." My dad said at which I nodded with smile.

They walked inside the dinning room and I followed them. There were sitting man and woman who were smiling at each other. I instantly smiled as we approched them closer.

"This is Anne-Marie." My mom said introducing me to woman who had smiled plastered on her face. I politely took my hand to shake her but instead she brought me into a hug.
"It is pleasure to meet you Lily. We heard wonderful things about you." She said which made me blush a bit.
"This is Derek." My mom introduced a man who was smiling too. They are very smily and hug type of people, I have to admit.

We sat at the table where my mom already prepared everything and in that very moment I realised how hungry I was. I also remembered that I haven't ate anything since yesterday, but before we started to eat, I noticed that there was one set of plates next to Anne-Marie and Derek. Anne-Marie, obviously, saw my confused face because she reacted.

"We are waiting for our son, Brad, he should be here any minute." She said and I politely smiled at her.

Within few minutes, the bell rang and my mom quickly got up to open up. I heard how she talked with person who walked in and as soon as they appeared in dinning room, I almost chocked on water that I took sip of.

"Hello." Said the curly headed boy called Bradley Will Simpson.