Chapter 4

4.

Alejandro, Jr.

I got to Gia's building, after getting the voicemail yet again. I had been calling and texting her all day with no response, or a word. I was concerned after last night, and I needed to know she was okay.

I called Serano, and after a few rings he answered. "Hello," "Is she still at home?" I asked. "Yes, she hasn't left at all. Her friends are there. The two girls. They've been here for the better part of the afternoon." He said and I knew it was Ciaen and her friend Sharon.

"Good, I'm heading up." I said, as I ended the call. I parked in a loading zone, before I got out, and made my way inside her building. I made it in keeping a low profile, and again didn't like their security.

I went up to her floor, and made my way to her door, before knocking. A few moments passed before I heard what sounded like a British accent asking who was it. "Alejandro." I answered before I heard whispering through the door.

The door cracked open, and I saw Ciaen and the brown skin girl Gia was walking with on campus on the other side. "What are you doing here?" Ciaen asked semi harshly.

"I'm here to see Gia, where is she?" "She doesn't want to see you. I think it's best if you left." She said, and I shook my head. "Tell her the only way I'll leave is if she sees me. I just want to make sure she's good." "Oh she's good. Trust." The other girl I assumed was Sharon said.

"I'm not leaving." I said and Ci, sighed but let me in. "I'll let her know you're here." She said as I stood in the living room with Sharon. "Why is it so messy in here?" I asked looking around at the disheveled room.

It hadn't been like this the night before and I knew Gia was a neat freak. "We were in the process of moving stuff around." She said and I looked at her, not believing it. I knew Gia and Ciaen well enough to know physical labor wasn't there thing and from the quality of Gia's furniture I knew it was heavy.

I didn't bother to ask anymore questions knowing it would be a lie, and a few minutes later Ciaen came back. "She doesn't want you here." She said, and I shook my head and went to her room.

All the lights were off, and her black out curtains was drawn, but I could see her form in the middle of the bed. I took off my shoes, and got in the bed beside her. "Go away, you don't ever listen." She groaned.

"I came to check on you. Why're you igging me?" I asked, and she peeped her eyes at me. "Last night was a mistake. I'm fine, but you need to go." She said, and I shook my head.

"It wasn't a mistake. We both were grown about it, and I know we didn't have any regrets. Nothing even happened." I said. "So leave it alone. Things could have gotten bad, and now Des thinks there's something up." She said and I nodded.

"You two fought?" I asked and she nodded. "Yeah, it got bad. I haven't heard from him since he left last night." She said. "I can't say I'm upset, but are you good?" I asked and she shrugged.

"It's always like this. We fight, don't talk, and then make up. This was one of the worst though." She said and I raised an eyebrow. "He didn't put his hands on you did he?" I asked making sure.

"No, but you shouldn't be here." She said and I sighed, and conceded seeing she was in a mood. "I'll go if you stop ignoring me. If I call I expect you to answer. At the very least, hit me back with a text." I said and she nodded.

"Alright, when can I see you again?" I asked her, taking hold of one of her hands. "Ale," "It's not a good idea. I know the speech already, but you know mine." I said and she laughed lightly.

"I don't know. I need to reevaluate some things. I'll let you know." "Liar." I said and she sucked her teeth. "Maybe next week you can come over to my place. We can chill in a more relaxed environment." I added.