The journey.

As we left madam Malkins each of us delighted at the new friend we made we searched for our parents. Hermione found hers first and after polite introductions we went to find mine, who were just leaving flourish and blotts. "Hello y/n, good to see you're already making friends. What's your name?"

"Hermione Granger, Mrs l/n." Hermione replied politely.

"You can just call me Mary, Hermione. And this is my husband Luther. Would you care to join us for ice cream?"

After gaining her parents permission we all walked to Florean Fortescue's to get ice cream.

I had a large banana split and Hermione had a small sundae.

Full, we bid our farewells after exchanging addresses. Hermione was astounded at the fact I lived in a mansion. Little did she know that, that was just one surprising aspect about me and not even close to my most astonishing one.

I then visited Ollivanders, the wand shop. After an hour I was tried a very special wand. It belonged to Rowena Ravenclaw herself and was the only wand to contain an eagle feather at its core. It was beech wood, which was only suitable for an owner that, if young, is wiser than their year and if old is rich in understanding and was extremely flexible. It is also 12 inches which is quite large.

That night I laid in bed thinking about how lucky I was to already be making friends and I hadn't even got to platform nine and three quarters.

My dreams that night were filled with glorious hopes of Hogwarts and how lucky I was to be going to such a safe school.

Finally the day arrived, the 1st of September, and I was staring at the gleaming scarlet Hogwarts express. Searching intently for bushy brown hair I spotted Hermione climbing into the train. After many hurried goodbyes I clambered on after her to try and locate my best friend. I finally found her just as the train was leaving the station.

"Hello y/n, I was just trying to find you." Hermione greeted me with a grin.

"Come on, let's go find a carriage so that we're not wobbling all the time." I instructed.

As we walked down the passageway between carriages glancing into each one we found one with just a single boy. We entered and he seemed amazed to have people who wanted to sit with him. His name was Neville longbottom. And he had a toad on his lap. I left the two to find the trolley witch as I was peckish and when I came back I opened the door to watch the toad fly past me and away.

Dumping the food I apologized and ran after it. Hermione went the other way. I returned toad in hand to find Hermione talking about how she just met Harry Potter. How lucky was I that the vanquisher of the dark lord was in my year. We all got changed into our robes as the school of Hogwarts loomed in over us.

As we got off the train there was an enormous man directing all first years to a huge lake. As the bewitched boats gracefully slid over the surface of the water I looked down and saw a huge figure passing us by. I snapped back up and almost knocked over another boy in my boat.

As we climbed the huge steps to the entrance of the main hall we looked around to see portraits of all kinds looking down on us talking in hushed whispers. As McGonagall left to ensure the Great hall was ready for our arrival a voice sneered out. "So it's true, harry potter has come to Hogwarts."

What followed was the best part of karma that has ever occured in which Malfoy was insulted by the very boy he was trying to befriend. I was about to begin a conversation to break the tension when McGonagall came back and instructed us to follow her into the Great hall.

I was worried about the test my father was talking about but knew it wouldn't matter. There would be only one house that I would be sorted into.
However when I looked all I saw was an old hat on a wooden stool.

Was this the difficult test my father was talking about? How difficult could it be?