Christmas

As December came upon us we noticed a very obvious drop in temperature. The lake had frozen solid and Professor Quirrell found himself bewitched with snowballs. I can't help but feel pity for him as a Ravenclaw. Always picked on, clearly traumatized from that trip.

We'd spent ages combing through our books at the library. But I soon got a letter back from my father. All he knew was he was an old wizard, far older than anyone of this generation. I didn't quite understand what he meant but I looked in older books and found it. He created the philosopher's stone.
'Of course he had! Stupid.' I thought to myself.
If that was truly what the dog was guarding, then I couldn't risk it becoming common knowledge. If I told Hermione she'd tell Ron and who knows who he'd be telling. I'd have to keep it secret. Which would be easy, I was going home this evening though for now I'd meet up with them.

"Hey Y/N" the trio said in unison.

"Hi guys, and girl"

"We were just kicked out of the library, did you find anything in your books?"

"No, I got the letter back from my father but he didn't know what he was famous for."

'Not exactly a lie.'

"Are you staying as well?"

"No I'm going home to the manor, mother's getting awfully lonely with my absence and she wants to know how I'm getting on in my lessons"

"Yes well my mother is missing me too, but she's happy with a simple owl"

"Yes Ron, but I'm an only child, my mother doesn't have anyone to fill my place."

And with that I stormed off, it was petty, sure, but he wound me up and I wouldn't tolerate anyone insulting my mother. I didn't get far before I heard my name being called.

"Y/N, Y/N wait!"

"Yes?"

"That wasn't a nice thing you said to Ron. He's complaining about all the hexes he's going to put on you."

I gave a slight chuckle,
"I'd like to see him try!"

"But I know what he said was unacceptable so I'm sorry for that."

"Does he usually require other people to apologize for him or is this an attempt for me to like him?"

"I know he didn't mean it."

"Well whether he did it not I have to get on the train."

With that I gave a whistle and Seba flew to me, retiring to his cage for the journey home. This was going to be a long Christmas, and I can tell that it was going to drag.

I awoke to a Christmas morning. Recieving several things from my family, none of that mattered as much as spending time with them. They're always talking about how short life is, I suppose that's true. Harry never got to remember his parents, in sure he would give anything to see them again. I just make sure I spend as much time as possible with mine.

I was due to return to Hogwarts in a days time when my father asked me about my animagus training. I hadn't continued for a while, not with all the school work. Though he was proud that I put school before it.

I fell asleep dreaming about meeting my friends again, Neville Harry Hermione Padma and everyone else. Dreaming of life at Hogwarts.