Chapter 4 - Monsters among us

The overpowering roar echoed for miles around, vibrating the ground and the air, mountains and eardrums. The ocean itself seemed to shake. This sound was indescribable for the human imagination. A kind of divine howl coming from the sky, like the voice of God coming to judge mortals. It was the feeling felt by Elsa, Anna and the rest of the group on hearing it. Even the gorilla-turtle monster had a slight recoil against this roar.

After roaring, the titanic humanoid reptile took several steps forward towards the mainland, shaking the earth with each step. His eyes gilded like flames, grunting ferociously, he looked at the monster gorilla-turtle angrily, as if to tell him he had nothing to do here. The reaction of the other giant is not long. Striking his chest, the turtle-gorilla rushes to his giant opponent, roaring at full voice. Taking this as a challenge, the humanoid reptile also launches the attack, more slowly because of its huge size, but surely. With the mouth open in amazement and eyes wide, the small group saw the two giant monsters heading towards each other, ready to fight. And suddenly, it's the scrum. The two bodies of the giants clash against each other, in a very violent shock, and a showdown begins between the two. The gorilla-turtle monster closes its powerful arms around the reptile's waist and tries to push it back, while the reptile resists in gripping the shoulders of its enemy. The two monsters growl ferociously, fighting with all their might. But fastly, the humanoid reptile, larger and more massive, seems to take the advantage and pushes his opponent to the remains of the harbor, which are crushed by the weight of the creature.

The turtle-gorilla crashed itself with all its weight on the quays, grumbling with pain, but also with fury. The enormous lizard's foot rose and tried to crush his head, but the turtle-gorilla avoided it and the foot of the lizard hit the ground violently, creating a little earthquake. Grabbing a large rock in his powerful hand, the turtle-gorilla threw it at the head of the humanoid lizard, which could not avoid it and stepped back, roaring and half blinded by this sudden shock. The turtle-gorilla climbed to his feet and took the opportunity to punch the lizard's chest, which stepped back a step further. The lizard, furious with this received blow, grunted, avoided a second punch and bit deeply his enemy at the shoulder. The gorilla-turtle roared with pain, the jaw of the giant lizard piercing its cuirassed skin, and was pulled back by its enemy against one of the surrounding mountains. Under the shock of the massive body of the monster, the mountain was shaken and some pieces of the cliff began to fall on the ground. The movements of the two giants caused big waves in the sea crashing against the remains of the docks. The giant tail of the humanoid reptile cracked the air and destroyed the remains of several houses without him realizing it.

Several hundred meters away, Elsa's group had not been able to move in front of so much violence and continued to observe this titanic fight vibrating the surroundings. The ruins, the floor covered with ash and dust, the smoke everywhere, and the two giants clashing .... It was like the end of the world. Was it the case? Were they attending the Ragnarok as was quoted in the legends? Seeing these unimaginable things clashing was like seeing the gods themselves come to earth to make war on themselves. The confrontation of two living mountains launched at full speed. Following an impact of the two monsters, a shower of debris was projected towards the group. Elsa, very quickly, created a little wall of ice in front of her and her companions, to protect them. The debris crashed violently against the ice structure, and fortunately it resisted to.

Elsa kept looking, unable to look away from the fight. Anna, her hands before her mouth, was horrified, and Kristoff, beside her, could only express the same look. Sven and Olaf, too, could not express anything but anguish. The confrontation in front of them was extremelyviolent, like the legendary clashes of the Greek or Scandinavian gods in thestories. The two gigantic entities attacked with claws and fangs, in alimitless desire to kill their opponent, making the cliff, the sea and theground shaking around them. The gorilla-turtle monster inflicted a violent blowin the head of the humanoid reptile, which was surprised and seemed stunned.The turtle-gorilla wanted to take the opportunity to inflict a second blow, butthe reptile's jaw closed on his forearm, inflicting great pain. Elsa had neverseen such violence and was deeply shocked, like her friends behind her.