Chapter 16 - While life remains, Hope too

Five Months later....

It had taken some time, but little by little, the kingdom of Arendelle managed to resume the course of a normal life despite the terrible ordeal he had suffered. Five months had passed since the battle of the titans. The castle of Arendelle, as well as the church and some houses had been rebuilt, although still much work remained to be done for many houses and other buildings. In order to preserve their kingdom, all the inhabitants of the city, with the help of the soldiers, all decided to go to work to rebuild the city. A great funeral ceremony was held a few weeks after the battle, to pay tribute to all the victims, civilians and soldiers, of this battle. The body of Ulrik having been pulverized by Otachi, only his sword was found, in the wreck of the ship where he was at the beginning of the battle. Ulrik's sword was sent to his family fiefdom, farther inland, so that his family could bury him with dignity and honor.

For Ishiro, his body also disappeared, only remained his grand old grimoire about the titans. The book was preciously kept in the treasury room of the castle, where he had a place of honor. The name of the professor Ishiro was engraved on the war memorial, like that of Ulrik, on the war memorial that was built on the central square, so that no one forgets the sacrifice of these people. With the help of enormous means, the corpses of the dead titans have been moved. The corpses of Otachi and Leatherback were left in the ocean, where they sank to plunge into the seabed. For King Caesar, Elsa and Anna wanted finding a tomb worthy of him, and the lion-ape king was buried at the foot of the North Mountain, where he was buried with honor, by order of the Queen. On the tomb was erected an engraved stone, on which was marked: Here rests King Caesar, titan and king of Japan, and protector of Arendelle.

It was noon and another beautiful spring day was coming for Arendelle. But today was not an ordinary day, for the whole kingdom that was already rejoicing about the event that would be held. A month ago, Kristoff had managed to find the necessary courage and finally managed to ask Anna in mariage. Anna's reaction was immediate and her answer was yes, without hesitation. They had also obtained, and this time with a good heart, the blessing of Queen Elsa, who knew that Kristoff, even if he was not born from noble lineage, would make a perfect husband for her sister.

The hour of the ceremony approached, and already, the inhabitants, nobles like peasants, all having been invited to the event, went towards the doors of the church, all of whom was eager for it to begin. Some dignitaries from other countries and commercial partners of Arendelle, had been invited for the occasion. Pabbie and the trolls were also present, having been invited to the wedding by Elsa herself. On the steps of the church, Kristoff was already present, wearing an elegant light blue shirt and a black jacket, pants and matching shoes, and a small blue lavaliere. Olaf and Sven were with him, both of them as impatient and already enjoying. Thoran, Arendelle's ambassador, arrived at Kristoff and patted him on the shoulder before shaking his hand with a big smile.

- "Allow me in advance to announce my congratulations, and welcome to the noble and royal family of Arendelle."

- "Thank you, lord Thoran ..." Kristoff replied a little nervous but trying not to show too much.

Meanwhile, inside the castle, in one of the royal chambers, that of Elsa. The young queen, too, was preparing for the ceremony, for she herself would have to take her little sister to the altar. Elsa was nervous, but happy too. She looked at herself in the big mirror in one corner of the wall. She had combed her hair in a bun, and then put on her queen's crown. She had donned her ceremonial queen outfit, consisting of a thin, black outfit covering her body, arms and shoulders, and above, a blue-green corset with Arendelle's symbol on it. A long dress of the same color, covering her legs to her feet. And finally, a long purple cape, closed around her neck and dragging along her back. For this time, Elsa had decided not to wear gloves because she did not want to "hide" for the wedding of her little sister, and this time she had full confidence in herself.