Chapter 07: Ocean

"I have to ask you something," I said into the mirror.

No!

"Tom will you—"

Uh uh! Nope!

"Ugh!" I exasperated, falling back on to my bed.

Tom had asked me to join him at the beach today. Our relationship was crazy. At one moment in time, we could be clawing at each other throats in heat and at another, it could be a super, sweet fun moment with the other. It was honestly a really nice mix of both. You didn't know what you were going to get and thats what made it fun.

I laid there for a bit longer then got up to actually get dressed.

Stop bullshitting Scarlett!

I picked out a black netted off the shoulder bikini a loose, white, backless dress. He texted me when he got here.

The beach was only ten minutes away from my house but the beach we went to was unrecognizable to me. How did he know about so many hidden places and yet he didn't live here?

We pulled up to a very secluded parking lot. There was only one other car there and it was at the other end. The parking lot was kind of hidden amongst a lot of tropical trees and palm trees. Gotta love California. The lot also was a on a cliff that over looked the blue waters of the pacific.

"We have to walk," he said. "Down the cliff.

I laughed and did a sarcastic scoff. "I didn't dress for a hike Tom."

He laughed and grabbed a basket from his trunk. Cute. A picnic. I followed him down the sandy and mossy cliff and we made it to the bottom where we were met with the edge of the beach. There literally wasn't a person in sight. I turned and saw he put down this cute striped blue and white stripped blanket. He laid down on his side and picked at a flower coming out of a small mossy spot. There was one curl that hung down in front of his forehead. His face had a soft expression on as I he looked at the flower, touching one of its petals. He looked up and smiled at me. He looked. Bit tired but all in all happy. I smiled back and sat down next to him.

It was quiet again, but not awkward. It was nice. Relaxing.

I looked out into the ocean, spritz of green and gold glistening off of the cerulean waters. I could see ships out way in the water.

I stood up and begun to untie my dress. "Come with me," I said, offering my hand. He looked tired, as if something was on his mind. But all in all, he looked and gave me a small smile. A tired smile. I dropped my hand, and my smile.

What's wrong?

When he stood up, he sighed a bit. Thats when I took it upon myself to analyze the situation.

"Hey what's up?" I asked, tugging at the hem of his shirt and looking at him. He wasn't even eyeing me and as vain as it sounds, he should've been. Its not like I picked this bikini for him not to care.

"Nothing," he said softly, pulling his shirt off over his head. Every muscle on his body flexed. A solid 8 pack. His biceps. His chest. His shoulders.

My God!

I snapped out of my trance. "There's something off. What's wrong?" I said. I gently placed my hand on his arm, putting myself closer to him.

"Did you see?" he asked, finally making eye contact with me. "This morning." I just put my hands on the front of hips, my thumbs brushing his skin, and looked up at him. I furrowed my brows and cocked my head in confusion.

He sighed and pulled out his phone. After a few seconds, he showed me an article.

"Tom Holland... Scarlett's New Bae?" And underneath the article was a picture. A picture from last week. It was dark but you could very clearly tell it was us. His hands were slightly under my shirt as he gripped my waist pulling his hips to his, his mouth very clearly in the crook of my neck. My eyes were closed and I had my hands pressed against his chest.