Chapter 1

It had been a year since Kotetsu and Barnaby rejoined the hero business, and everyone was at the Hero's Bar for drinks after a long day's work. Everyone was out of uniform so they were all comfortable as they sat at a booth. Nathan smiled as he leaned against Antonio, who tensed when he felt a hand grasp his ass. "Will you stop that???" Antonio growled. Nathan giggled, "I see that nice, firm booty of yours still can't take the heat~! What a shame." Everyone laughed as Antonio scooted away from Nathan. "Don't let Nathan get to you, Antonio. He's only teasing you," Barnaby said with a smile. Antonio, of course, grumbled but still kept his distance from the fire-powered hero. Barnaby chuckled and downed his third shot of whiskey. Kotetsu, knowing how his partner normally only drank one glass of champagne, grew concerned. "Hey, Bunny, Shouldn't you slow down? You're gonna get drunk if you keep downing those shots." Barnaby glared at him. "Really, Old Man? I keep telling you to stop calling me 'Bunny'. My name is Barnaby." Kotetsu chuckled until he noticed that the blonde was forming a tipsy blush. He tried to stop him from getting a fourth shot, but it was too late; he got the shot and downed it so fast Kotetsu didn't even have time to stop him. The blush grew, and Barnaby started to sway a little, concerning his fellow heroes. "Barnaby...?" Pao-Lin asked. Barnaby looked over at her and smiled, "That hair clip truly suits you well..." Pao-Lin blushed and sipped on her soda;she wasn't expecting that compliment so she didn't know what to say.

          "Barnaby, Kotetsu is right... You should slow down before you get drunk," Keith said. Barnaby shook his head, claiming that he was fine. "I mean it... I'm fine...." He looked over at Kotetsu and his green eyes met caramel brown. At that moment, it seemed as though time stood completely still for the duo. When Barnaby caught himself, he blushed more and looked away. "You OK, Buddy?" Kotetsu asked, concerned about how red his partner's face had gotten. Barnaby nodded and looked right at Nathan. Nathan recognized the look in Barnaby's eyes and stood up. "Excuse us, Everyone.. Handsome and I need to have a little chat." Everyone looked confused, but Barnaby let Nathan drag him away. "What's up, Nathan...?" Nathan smiled and leaned in close, "You're into Tiger, aren't you?" Barnaby's eyes widened and he jumped back. "W-what??? N-no!!! It's j-just.... that he's..... so good looking... so tan.... muscular.... and the way his body moves in combat....and the way his his muscles flex...." Barnaby realized what he was saying and blushed. He sighed in defeat, "Yeah.... I'm head over heels for him.... But I'm sure he doesn't feel the same...." Nathan smiled and thought for a moment, "You need to tell him, Honey Bunny~" Barnaby turned red at the nickname Nathan used then even redder when he imagined it in Kotetsu's deep voice. "I don't know how...." Nathan patted his shoulder; he had an idea. He leaned into his ear and explained it all to him, exciting Barnaby. When they returned, Barnaby was leaned into Nathan. "Hey, Tiger. I think your little Bunny's all tuckered out. Why don't you go ahead and take him home... He's going to have one hell of a hangover come morning..." Kotetsu saw how limp Barnaby was and nodded; he knew he couldn't drive, but he could carry him home.

          After bidding everyone farewell and goodnight, Kotetsu scooped Barnaby up bridal style, feeling his slender arms wrap around his neck, and began walking back to his own apartment. He looked up and saw the full moon. "The moon is beautiful tonight...." he said as he walked. It didn't take him long to make it home, and once inside, he carried Barnaby to his own bed and gently laid him down. He carefully removed Barnaby's red and white leather jacket and his shoes before sitting on the edge of the bed. "I told you to slow down... Now you're passed out, Little Bunny...." When Kotetsu heard a groan he jumped to his feet. "Ko... tetsu...." Barnaby said as his green eyes opened slowly. He scanned the room until his eyes met the caramel ones he loved so much, and he smiled. "Kotetsu...." Kotetsu scratched the back of his neck, "Hey, Bunny... You were passed out so I brought you to my place...." Barnaby smiled excitedly; so far his and Nathan's plan was working. Barnaby sat up hugged Kotetsu, surprising the older hero. "Thank you... Kotetsu...." he said. He looked up at his partner and leaned in toward him. "Uhhh.... Bun--" He was cut off by surprisingly soft, sweet lips meeting his. His eyes widened and froze. Barnaby sensed this change and broke his kiss. "Kotetsu....? You didn't kiss me back...." he said with a pout. Kotetsu just looked confused, "Bunny, that was out of the blue...." Barnaby, however, wasn't finished. "Kotetsu.... I love you.... I've been in love with you for months now.... Please.... Be mine...." Kotetsu's eyes widened in surprise; he knew alcohol made the truth come out of his partner. He knew that Barnaby was being sincere, but he was drunk.He wouldn't remember tonight in the morning so his eyes softened as he knew what he was about to say would hurt. "Barnaby, I'm sorry... But I can't.... But you're drunk so you should stay here anyway...." Barnaby's eyes widened and filled with tears. Kotetsu sighed and hugged his partner tight. "I can't say yes while you're drunk.... You won't remember tonight... But in the morning, you will be sober.... When you get to your desk tomorrow, you'll have a surprise waiting for you.... OK...? Because I love you,too..... I just can't bring myself to accept you as my boyfriend until you're sober....." Barnaby's eyes widened again and he looked up at Kotetsu. "R-really....?" Kotetsu smiled and nodded. Barnaby smiled happily. "I can't wait for tomorrow morning then...." Kotetsu chuckled and laid him back down, covering him with the blanket. "Get some sleep.... You're gonna need it in order to handle your hangover tomorrow...." Barnaby nodded and curled up under the blanket and drifted off to a peaceful sleep. Kotetsu smiled before going and claiming his spot on the couch, falling asleep in a matter of seconds.