Chapter Four

Queen Jamillia was in her chambers when a knock was beard at her door. "Come in," She hollered from the vanity where she sat. The door hissed open and closed rather quickly as the woman came in. Jamillia was brushing out her hair when the woman appeared in the mirror's gaze.

"Padme," She smiled. "What brings you by?"

Padme walked up and stood next to the vanity where the queen sat. "My lady, please pardon my intrusion-"

"Padme, you are one of my dearest friends as well as a former queen yourself. There is no need to apologize for wanting to see me," Jamillia set her brush down and stood. "Come sit with me and we shall talk about whatever is troubling you."

As she walked over to the bed, Padme sighed lightly. "How can it not bother me that he is here? I was just in the courtyard and I saw Lord Vader unmasked. I know that it isn't the first time someone has seen him unmasked but still, I can't believe that it's really him."

Jamillia took Padme's hands in her own, qiving them a slight squeeze. "My dear, you knew this day would come eventually; not even the Jedi could keep you in hiding forever."

"You call it hiding, I call it a moldy, filth box underneath the swamps of Dagobah."

"Padme," Jamillia slightly warned her.

"I know, I know; I should be greatful for their help but I still can't believe they took me to Dagobah of all places. Forgive me for wanting to be above ground and safe," Padme huffed, crossing her arms.

"Well," Jamillia twirled a silky lock around her finger. "What are you going to do? Vader has the palace on lockdown, where no one gets in or out without his knowledge. The ball is tonight and everyone must attend."

"Wait, what ball?" Padme raised an eyebrow.

Jamillia sighed. "I decided as a way to welcome them and my last day as queen-"

"HE'S MAKING YOU STEP DOWN?!" Padme all but yelled.

"Yes my dear, keep your voice down." Jamillia hushed her. "I thought it was the best way that we are more welcoming of them than we are opposed to their presence to have a ball. They are making Naboo their headquarters and taking Theed as their capital."

Padme sighed heavily, holding her head in her hands. "So this is how Naboo goes down, with champagne and imperials dancing..."

Jamillia laughed at her friend's words. "You were always one to put a positive spin on everything, weren't you?" She chuckled.

Padme sat back up, lightly smiling at Jamillia. "There is at least one bright side to this dark day."

Jamillia placed a hand on Padme's shoulder. "And just what would that be, my dear?"

Padme stood up, holding her hands out to take Jamillia's. She laughed as they waltzed into the queen's giant store she called her closet. "We get to play dress up, starting with you and then myself!"

Meanwhile, Vader sat in the throne room unmasked with Cody, Rex and Fox around him.

"I'm telling you," Anakin persisted. "I felt her presence in the garden, it had to of been her! Cody's description fits Padme perfectly!"

Cody put a hand to his chin, picturing the woman in the garden once again. "Long brown curls, big doe eyes that were like chocolate, olive skin with a light tan, very petite in every aspect, very angelic in her appearance all around..."

Anakin waved his hand, "Thank you Cody, that's enough."

Rex crossed his arms over his chest. "Well what's one this that, besides talking to her or seeing her face, would automatically tell you it was her?"

Anakin thought about it for a moment before he smirked. "Though she never really did it that much, she also had the voice of angel. Perhaps Jamillia can arrange for some of her hand maidens to sing tonight at the ball."

Fox saluted him, "I'll go tell her that she must." Anakin merely nodded before turning back to the other clones.

"I was thinking about wearing dark robes and a hood tonight; this suit is annoying and not ball-worthy."