Chapter Five

Commander Fox had just reached the queen's chambers when he heard laughing from inside. Instead of knocking, Fox just walked into the Queen's chambers. "Queen Jamillia, I have a message from Lord Vader for you."

Jamillia called him into the closet, "Of course, please come in Commander. We're in here!"

Fox was a little hesitant but he slowly strolled into the closet. Aside from the many, many dresses inside, he saw a large vanity at the end of the closet. The queen sat with her back to him and another woman with brown, curly locks and an orange dress was running something over the queen's hair.

So this must be Padme, he thought to himself.

She was everything that Cody described and more; he shook that thought out of his head though, remembering that this was his boss' wife apparently. He turned his attention back to the queen, who had turned around to face him.

For a moment, he was stunned at the sight before him. The queen was practically a new person now, compared to when they had first met her.

She had minimal makeup on that highlighted her warm brown eyes, prominent cheek bones and her plump, rosy pout. Her long hair was now down and loose, except for the top section that was up in a clip. It looked like dark brown silk that he had to fight the urged to run his hand through...

"Commander Fox, are you listening?" Jamillia laughed lightly. He muttered an apology while taking off his helmet, causing the queen to stop in her tracks. Though all the old soldiers looked alike, Fox was something different to her. With a short military cut, his black hair still looked soft despite the harsh looking edges. His eyes were like two onyx gems, sparkling as he spoke. His lips were plump for a man and they looked so kissable...

"My lady?" Jamillia snapped her attention to Padme, who held the straighter in one hand and the clip in her other. "Did you hear what Commander... I'm sorry, what did you say your name was?"

"Fox," He smiled to her and the queen.

"Commander Fox was saying that Lord Vader had requested that a handmaiden or two would sing at the ball tonight. What do you say to that?"

"I think you should do it, Neberrie. You have the most beautiful voice of all the handmaidens," Jamillia declared. Padme inwardly flipped out but kept it calm on the outside.

"Of course, milady, as you say. I will go lay out a dress for you to wear this evening? What color would you like?" Padme questioned pushing past Fox, who was trying to hide his smile.

Jamillia smiled up at the Commander, eyeing his amour paintings. "Brick Red please," Jamillia stood and walked past him. "I hope to see you there, Commander," She whispered to him. Fox grabbed one of her hands, bringing it to his lips.

"Please call me Fox, milady," He kissed her knuckles lightly. "I shall see you there..." With that, he brushed past Padme in the closet and out of the chamber doors.

"Thank you Jamillia, thank you so much for basically handing me to Vader on a silver platter." Padme sarcastically bowed to the queen, who was smiling dreamily at the dresses.

"Sorry Padme but I think instead of hiding, just rip that bacta pack right off with him." Jamillia spoke breathlessly. "Fox is so handsome..."

Padme burst out laughing, "Now I see why you sentenced me to my death; you like that Commander Fox guy!"

Jamillia just smirked as she turned around with Padme's hand in her own. "That matters not, what matters is that you look absolutely gorgeous tonight for Vader which I am helping you with!"